Wednesday 20 March 2013

Muse Challenge #9

Hi guys

I've been suffering with a horrid cold for the last few days so I thought I would try to escape the endless sneezing and nose blowing to make a card for this week's Muse challenge.

This week's inspiration card is by Marion Vagg and I absolutely love it.  Although my design is quite different the colours Marion used are fabulous so these hues were my inspiration, as well as the use of stripes.

Here is my interpretation...


I used post-it notes to mask off the four areas to stamp, then scored lines to add definition.  I double-scored the lower panel to highlight the sentiment.  I then matted the white card onto jade green cardstock to create a defined border.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Woodware - Salutations (sentiment); Hero Arts - Share Laughter set (dotted flower); Marion Emberson - Its all in the Words set (plain flower); Hero Arts - unknown set (swirl flower)
  • Ink: Versa Color - Royal Blue, Mint, Sky Blue
  • Cardstock: Craft UK Ltd - Premier quality smooth white card; Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock (jade green)
  • Scoreboard (free with Papercraft Inspirations magazine)


This is Marion's wonderful inspiration card...



As always, thanks for visiting...I'm now off to bed armed with a hot honey and lemon :(

Take care

Neet x

17 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card and the embossed lines bring out the sentiment very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great design--wonderful BD card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a happy card! Love the white embossed panels tucked in between the flowers. Truly lovely. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a bright and cheery card. Love the scoring and masking, so clever! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! I love the scored lines and the "stripyness" of the card, well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic tall and lean and cheerful card, Neet! Super job of masking!! I hope you are over your cold in no time and feeling great ~ big hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! I love your interpretation. The delicate flowers juxtapose nicely with the white space and scoring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Love the scoring! Feel better soon friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Anita. I love the idea of scoring for definition. Great tip, thanks :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty stamped design! I love how you've masked and stamped and scored! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous hun! I love the stipes and the colours and the scoring really finishes it beautifully!
    Hope your cold is almost gone!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your stripes of flowers....how clever! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card :)I love how we have all used the stripes in such different ways.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool idea to make stripes with scoring. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card and a fab interpretation. Love the fresh colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like this a lot. I haven't been making cards very long and would like to know how you scored the lines; I think it's a great effect. Is it a tool? If you could let me know, I'd appreciate it. My email is cyndie.reis@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty, Neet ... the repeated pattern draws the eye up and up, a perfect tall card! Hope you're feeling much better. Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...