Thursday 7 March 2013

Mother's Day Floral Background

Hiya

Here's another card I made for my collection of Mother's Day cards, I made a few so my friends could have a few to choose from.



I wanted to use this lovely stamp I bought second-hand from eBay not long ago.  Its quite a large stamp but I think it creates a gorgeous background.  I wanted to white emboss the image before colouring it in but then discovered I don't have any white embossing powder! So I improvised and instead I used white ink and clear embossing powder, I think white powder would have worked better but the general effect is the same.  I then coloured the flowers and leaves with Promarkers.  I die cut the sentiment panel and finished off with ribbon and pearls.  Took a while to make but was all fairly straight forward :)

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Elzybells - floral background (sorry, don't know what its called); Marion Emberson Designs - It's all in the Words stamp set (happy); Clearly Besotted Stamps - Framed Sentiments stamp set (Mother's Day)
  • Ink: Versacolor - White, Lavender
  • Embossing Powder: Rubber Stampede - Clear
  • Cardstock: Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock (green)
  • Die: Spellbinders - Classic Rectangles Large
  • Coloured with Promarkers
  • Ribbon and pearls from stash

As always, thanks for looking.

Neet x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...