Thursday, 7 March 2013

Mother's Day Floral Background

Hiya

Here's another card I made for my collection of Mother's Day cards, I made a few so my friends could have a few to choose from.



I wanted to use this lovely stamp I bought second-hand from eBay not long ago.  Its quite a large stamp but I think it creates a gorgeous background.  I wanted to white emboss the image before colouring it in but then discovered I don't have any white embossing powder! So I improvised and instead I used white ink and clear embossing powder, I think white powder would have worked better but the general effect is the same.  I then coloured the flowers and leaves with Promarkers.  I die cut the sentiment panel and finished off with ribbon and pearls.  Took a while to make but was all fairly straight forward :)

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Elzybells - floral background (sorry, don't know what its called); Marion Emberson Designs - It's all in the Words stamp set (happy); Clearly Besotted Stamps - Framed Sentiments stamp set (Mother's Day)
  • Ink: Versacolor - White, Lavender
  • Embossing Powder: Rubber Stampede - Clear
  • Cardstock: Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock (green)
  • Die: Spellbinders - Classic Rectangles Large
  • Coloured with Promarkers
  • Ribbon and pearls from stash

As always, thanks for looking.

Neet x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...