Thursday 7 March 2013

Mother's Day - No Stamping Required!

Hi there

Back again with another Mother's Day card I made this week, I will be back after Sunday to share the others.

I wanted to make a card using one of the images from a set of Rub-ons I have in my craft stash.  This is the Iris from the Tracy Hollins Elegance Collection of Textured Floral Rub-ons.  I generally don't use rub-ons but I make an exception for these as the images are gorgeous.  They are textured and glossy, hopefully this shows in the second photograph below.


 

 
This is a great example of how many of my cards used to look when I first started cardmaking, before I discovered stamping.  I matted and layered the different cardstock, accenting with silver mirri card.  I have a very limited stock of Mother's Day sentiment stamps and didn't want all my cards to look too similar so in this case I used peel-offs, coloured first with a Promarker.  I think on this card the peel-offs work quite well as they tie in with the silver accents.
 
Materials used:
  • Image: The Tracy Hollins Elegance Collection Textured Floral Rub-ons (Iris)
  • Cardstock: Kanban 300gsm Brilliant White Cardstock; Bazzill Basics Cardstock (blue); Silver Mirri from stash
  • Peel-off Silver Sentiment stickers coloured with Promarker (bluebell)
  • Grosgrain ribbon from stash
 
As most of you are such talented stampers I appreciate this card probably isn't for you but it was interesting to see that this was actually the first of my Mother's Day cards to be selected for purchase!
 
Thanks for visiting, I'm hoping to be back very soon with at least one challenge entry this week!
 
Take care
 
TTFN
 
Neet x


2 comments:

  1. This is lovely Neets! I love that rub on...it's so realistic! I will be honest, I'm not a fan of peel offs but this does work with your rub on :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan either Lizy but I didn't want to use the same sentiment stamps on them all so I raided my abandoned peeloff stash! :) xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...