Wednesday 13 March 2013

Muse Challenge #8

Good evening fellow crafters

Ever since I saw this week's Muse challenge on Monday I've had an idea in my head and I've only just managed to find the time to create it.  This week's Muse is Therese Calvird and her card design this week is really striking - I've included a pic of her design further down in this post.

I've drawn my inspiration this week from her lovely layout and this is my take on it...

 
and a closer view of the focal point...
 
 
I decided to use my new 'Blooming Marvellous' dies which I received yesterday from Clearly Besotted Stamps, to match the stamp set I already have.  I had a rummage through my stash of patterned paper (it didn't take long...lol!) and was so pleased to find this design paper to use as a background.  I love the way it echos the centre of the sunflower.  It was also great to use some different colours on a card, all my creations have been quite girlie lately so it was fun to have a change.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Blooming Marvellous
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Blooming Marvellous, Xcut - Nesting Squares; Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Scalloped Ovals Large
  • Ink: Versa Color - Green Tea, Canary, Brown
  • Design Paper: Hot Off The Press - Cardmaker's Ultimate Pack Floral
  • Ribbon and gems from stash

Here is the inspiration card made by Therese...



Thanks for visiting and if you haven't done already, go have a go at this challenge.  It's great fun!

Neet x

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on Therese's card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet sunflower. I am loving that bright yellow! :) Fab card! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Love that cheery bright sunflower and certainly a great choice of dp for the background (I'm thinking you had a few to choose from lol).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how you were inspired by Therese's card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita, this is a lovely take on the Muse card and that DSP is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! What a pretty take on the Muse card! Love that big sunflower and the scalloped cut out!! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful card - you are on fire!! Have a great weekend :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty take on the MUSE card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Anita, gorgeous flower stamp

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and that sunflower makes we wish for warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...