Thursday 7 March 2013

Muse Challenge #7

Hi guys

Back with another quick post tonight.

I was so excited on Monday to discover that my card was voted Top 3 in last week's Muse challenge.  I feel so honoured to have received votes from so many talented crafters.  Thank you all so much :)

This week's design over at the Muse challenge blog was designed by Laurie Willison.  The card she created this week is stunning.  I absolutely love her design but I've struggled this week to come up with something anywhere near as beautiful.  I chose to keep the layout and colours the same as Laurie's card.  I used a brass stencil to create the embossed row of hearts as an alterative to the die cut hearts banner.

This is my attempt...

 
 
This was Laurie's beautiful creation we were to use for inspiration...
 
 
I only have one pack of kraft blanks and the shade is quite dark so I'm not entirely happy with them.  I know I didn't have to use kraft but I seem to have lost my mojo on this week's challenge and had brain block!
 
Materials used:
  • Stamps: Hero Arts - Love Flourish; Hot Off The Press - Stamped Stitches
  • Ink: Versa Color - White; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Cardstock and ribbon from stash
 
Hopefully my mojo will return for my next post!
 
Off to bed now, night all x
 

17 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous. I predict another top finisher at Muse. This is a great take on Laurie's card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! I love all the hearts! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on your win and this weeks card is beautiful too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this is gorgeous Neets!! I think the dark Kraft works just fine! :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my, you are not seeing this card like I am. I love it to pieces! I actually LOVE that color of kraft and the design you chose to CASE Laurie's MUSE card is unexpected and delicious!! I will not be surprised to see you in the Top Three again for this card!! Now go give your MoJo a hug!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Darnell, consider my mojo well and truly hugged! :)

      Delete
  7. I think your card is lovely, a great interpretation of Laurie's Muse card. I love the background flourishes you used and that adorable heart image on the sentiment panel. Great job. And congrats on last week's voting results! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to use the stencil for the hearts! Lovely card & congrats on being a Top Pick last week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you've been inspired by Lauries card - it's so perfectly CAS, especially the white flourishes...gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you Muse card, that stamp you used in the background is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is beautiful. I love your stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely Anita, love the stiched border

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous take, Neets, love how you've brought the background image forward onto the sentiment panel! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my - be proud of this card! It's stunning and a wonderful 'take' on the Muse inspiration! The swirls, the coral, the kraft - winning combination. I'll echo what others have written: predictions for a Top 3 for this entry! Your card's a day-brightener! Thank you for sharing!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card. Love the rounded corner...I always forget to do that, and I think it adds so much character to a card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just had to take a minute to stop by and tell you that your beautiful card totally caught my attention in the MUSE gallery! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...