Thursday 7 March 2013

Mother's Day Embossed Vellum

Hi guys

I had some requests for Mother's Day cards this week so I will be sharing these in the next few posts.  I will have to wait until after Sunday to share a couple of them though, as the lovely recipient (my Mum) may have a sneaky peek at my blog before then!

I decided to have a little play with some vellum to create this one...


and a closer view of the embossed vellum...

 
This card took a while to make but I really enjoyed creating it as I hadn't worked with vellum for a long time.  I dry embossed the vellum flowers, leaves and butterfly using a couple of embossing boards I got free with some magazines a few years ago.  When using vellum the embossed detail also creates white areas where the vellum becomes raised.  I then cut each of these out (that was the time consuming part!) and curled the petals slightly with the stem of my pokey tool to create some definition.  The blue mat is also vellum which was die cut, and then a die cut piece of white card was placed over it.  I popped the gems on before sticking the flowers to the card, the reason for this was that I used silicone glue to adhere the vellum elements and didn't want to add pressure when sticking on the gems.
 
Materials used:
  • Vellum: Anita's - Plain Pastel Vellum Pack
  • Dies: Spellbinders - Labels One
  • Stamp: Wild Rose Studio - Flower Doodles stamp set (sentiment)
  • Ink: Versa Color - Heliotrope
  • Gems from stash
 
More to follow shortly :)
 
Neet x
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow it's really nice...Beautiful layout. Excellent work you did. I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Keep sharing more.
    spellbinders

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...