Sunday, 3 March 2013

Less is More Week 109 Colour Challenge

Happy Sunday from a very grey South Devon, can't wait for Spring to arrive.

Today I'm having a go at the latest Less is More challenge.  The pastel colours are so beautiful so had to give it a shot.  To be honest I really struggle with colour challenges and have only entered one other so far.  I have loads of ideas then go to my craft cupboard and find there's always something I don't have or the colours aren't right.

Anyway, here's my attempt at this one...

 
and a closer view...

 
This is the colour palette we were given from Less is More...
 

Isn't it gorgeous - as well as making me feel extremely hungry for doughnuts!
 
 
The two pieces of pink card I used are actually quite different but they look very similar in the photograph.  The punched border is a hammered baby pink whereas the card I've stamped the image into is a more dusky beige/pink but doesn't show too well in the photo.  I stamped the image with Versamark then used a pastel peach embossing powder.  The sentiment is stamped in brown ink them embossed using clear embossing powder.
 
I'm not entirely happy with this one but thought I'd have a go and enter it anyway :)
 
Materials used:
  • Stamps: Kanban Crafts - Spring Meadow; Personal Impressions - Mix and Match (sentiment)
  • Ink: Versamark; Versa Color - Brown
  • Embossing Powder: Personal Impressions - Pastel Peach; Rubber Stampede - Clear
  • Punches: EK Success - Dotted Scallop Edger Punch; Fiskars - 4 in 1 Corner Punch Embosser 'Spiral'
  • Cardstock and Pearls: From stash
 
Thanks for visiting, make the most of what's left of the weekend :)
 
Neet x 
 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely use of the colours hun! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this challenge but can't enter due to lack of colours, haha. Oh well, maybe next time. Your card is gorgeous Anita! :0) Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Anita, great embossing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Neets!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...