Saturday 9 March 2013

Less is More - OLC Spots & Stripes

Hi blogger friends

Dropping by today to share a card for the current challenge at Less is More.  The brief is to create a One Layer Card with the theme Spots and Stripes.

I trawled through my stamp sets and I actually really enjoyed making this one and I'm really happy with the result.

 
 
I ended up using 4 different stamp sets to come up with this design!  I wanted to use a spot stamp to create the petals of the flower but found nothing in my stash.  Then I cast my eye over them once more and the stamp I used was actually from the Clearly Besotted Stamps 'Merry Little Christmas' stamp set and is actually a tiny spotted bauble.  I was going to colour in the spots but decided to leave this card purely stamped (apart from the gem of course) and didn't want to introduce any other medium.  I stamped the vase a second time on a post-it note and cut it out to create a mask before stamping the striped background.
 
Materials used:
  • Cardstock: Base card from stash
  • Stamps: Penny Black - Salutations stamp set (vase and stem); Clearly Besotted Stamps - Merry Little Christmas stamp set (flower petals); Clearly Besotted Stamps - Building Blocks stamp set (striped background); Wild Rose Studio - Everyday Greetings (sentiment)
  • Ink: Versa Color - Orange, Fresh Green, Sky Blue, Canary
  • Gem from stash
 
Thanks for visiting as always crafting lovelies :)
 
Neet x
 

18 comments:

  1. What great stamping and a super card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so bright and happy and beautifully stamped. Your card made me smile, nice work.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Anita, and congrats on your recent muse win, well deserved

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how beautiful and bright!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab masking and stamping. Superb for the challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Neets, simply gorgeous and perfect CAS card, very beautiful colours, so bright.
    A hug from Palma de Mallorca

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. Love the masked look. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card Anita! Brilliant idea to use the mini bauble and I LOVE that orange vase! :0) Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how clever using the mini bauble. Love the vase on stripes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this! Who would have thunk a mini bauble used as a vase?! Very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, this is a real eye catcher.

    Clever use of your stamps and super choice of colours.

    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous! I just love those gorgeous colours.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fantastic design - ou should be happy with it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really lovely hun! You've combined all those stamps really well, and awesome idea with the bauble!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super fun! Love how the colors totally pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...