Sunday 27 October 2013

You Are In My Thoughts - Muse Challenge #40

Hi there

I was hoping to do lots of crafting this weekend but it didn't happen until about an hour ago when I decided to make a card for this week's Muse challenge.

This week they have a Guest Muse, none other than the fabulous Darnell.  As October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, Darnell has made her card with this in mind.  Darnell is a wonderful crafter and her blog posts lift everyone's spirits, so pop over and show your appreciation, you won't be disappointed.

So, here is my card...


and here is Darnell's gorgeous card...

 
As you can see I've kept the pink and green colour palette and used pretty much the same vertical layout.  When I first started making cards this was a regular 'go to' layout for me.  Using patterned paper to co-ordinate with the stamped image is great, and now that I have a few more ink colours in my stash its becoming easier to match things up.  The floral paper I used has an off-white background so I decided to use an ivory card base rather than white.  The rose is a wood mounted stamp but the sentiment is a clear stamp so I curved it very slightly to follow the line of the stem.  I rounded off the corners to finish.
 
Materials used:
  • Patterned paper: Dovecraft - Garden Party
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up - Both Way Blossoms; Personal Impressions - Mix and Match
  • Ink: Versa Color - Pink and Olive
  • Corner rounder: Tonic
 
Thanks for popping by.  There are a few more challenges I've seen that I hope to enter in the next day or two so hopefully I'll be back very soon.
 
Take care and stay safe, the storm that is forecast for the UK tonight and tomorrow sounds like it will be quite nasty.  I'm on the south coast of Devon which I think is going to take quite a battering :( 
 
Bye for now
 


9 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the colours and the layout.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for making sure you got in on the MUSE challenge and CASEd my card, Anita!! Your card is a pure pink and green rosey delight! I love all the details, especially those two pretty banner edgings and how you curved your sediment to snuggle up to the stem like that. And thank you for the sweet compliments!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I forgot to say I hope you don't get too much of a battering! So often the forecasters hype it up so much and then it's not that big a deal. I sure hope that's the case for the storm heading your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to run the sentiment along the stem like that, and take advantage of the vertical layout! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous hun! Love the bright colours! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card! Love those papers you used just stunning~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your gorgeous card neets - all the pink and green is so pretty:) I hope the storm wasn't too bad - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. simple and stunning, I like the idea of that single rose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...