Saturday 12 October 2013

Button Blooms

Hi there

This is my second post today.  For my Sketch Saturday post please scroll down.

The next card I'm sharing with you is for this week's Muse challenge and the latest challenge at Dream Valley Challenges.

When I saw this week's Muse card by Therese Calvird I loved the little flower clusters and after a recent trip to my local craft shop I'd purchased some mini buttons so I thought I'd put these to use.  And the latest Dream Valley challenge is to use buttons so I'm combining the two.

Here is my card...




This is the beautiful inspiration card by Therese...

 
 
 
I kept the layout basically the same, using a blue frame with a white rectangular image panel, and the cluster of flowers was my main inspiration.
 
I stamped the stems and leaves first by inking up just part of a couple of wooden stamps, omitting the actual flower heads.  I then used glue dots to adhere the mini buttons as the blooms.  A sentiment banner using a snippet of pink cardstock finished off the card.
 
The glitter cardstock, as always, is difficult to layer up.  I used the strong, red backed double sided tape for this to ensure it would stay put!
 
Materials used:
  • Cardstock: Kanban - Sherbert Pips; White cardstock from stash
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up - Both Way Blossoms; Clearly Besotted Stamps - A Little Sentimental
  • Ink: Versa Color - Sage; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Die: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Tag Along
  • Buttons: Craftime Additions - Mini Pastel
 
I think this cluster of flower heads looks very much like a hyacinth although I think a few more packets of buttons would be required to create one!
 
I have a few more cards to make in the next few days so I hope to see you very soon.  I hope you're having a lovely weekend.


 
 

16 comments:

  1. Oh my Anita... this is fabulous. i always struggle with buttons, but you really inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - I love all those cute little buttons:) hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo pretty, those mini buttons make the cutest of flowers, what a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Anita, love those cute buttons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the texture and dimension from the buttons! Thanks for playing along with us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card, I like the buttons and the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this is gorgeous Neet! The buttons look fab! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My my my...all those adorable, sweet little baby buttons, just the cutest ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! The buttons look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute button flowers! I was surprised because in the thumbnail, I thought they were rolled flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet! What a great use for these tiny buttons. Nice take on the MUSE challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is such fun. Those dainty buttons are so sweet, and look wonderful as little flowers. And, I really love your glittered polka dots in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous idea, Neets ... such delicate stems of soft gentle blooms ... lovely! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boy, Anita, am I glad I went to your blog after seeing the thumbnail..this is awesome! those buttons are adorable. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, I can't believe I missed this. Love all the sweet buttons and congrats on your win!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...