Sunday, 20 October 2013

Pretty Garden Butterflies

Hi there

Here is a card I've made this afternoon.  No challenge this time but I wanted to use one of my new embossing folders.

This embossing folder is part of a set of two by Sizzix and is named 'Basket Weave'.  My initial thought was that if embossing on white cardstock it would look like a white washed brick garden wall.  So that's the direction I went in when creating this card.




I cut down some white cardstock slightly smaller than the card base.  I stamped the climbing leaves and the sentiment first, before embossing the panel.  I stamped three butterflies and cut these out with their matching dies.  I adhered these to the panel on some thin 3D foam, bending slightly to add dimension.  These were trimmed with some bling to finish.

Materials used:
  • Embossing folder: Sizzix - Basket Weave
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps: - Leafy Accents, Butterfly Wishes and A Little Sentimental
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Butterfly Wishes
  • Ink: Versa Color - Sage, Petal Pink, Opera Pink and Heliotrope; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Cardstock and gems from stash

Thanks so much for visiting, I've had a fun day of crafting while the weather outside is awful down here today.  Hope to see you again soon.

Take care





2 comments:

  1. Oooh looks gorgeous Neets, love that embossing folder and it certainly looks like a brick white-washed wall. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Neets! Love the embossed background...reminds me of a cottage wall! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...