Monday 21 October 2013

Masculine Birthday

Hi there

Tonight I thought I would share with you a card I made last week but couldn't share until now in case the recipient saw it!

I really struggle with making cards for men so I'm not completely happy with this one but thought I'd share it anyway.


 
I used a few stamp sets from Clearly Besotted Stamps for this one.  I started with a white panel cut smaller than the card base and repeatedly stamped the chevron design to create the background.  Next I stamped the parcel, balloon and tag and die cut these with their matching dies.  I stamped the balloon string onto the background before mounting the parcel and balloon on top.  I then tied some ribbon (this was the hanging ribbon taken from one of my jumpers!) around the tag before mounting this on 3D foam.  I smothered the balloon in Glossy Accents to give it lots of shine, I remembered this after seeing this fab card by Michelle Short at The Card Grotto.  Unfortunately, as I'm far too impatient, I touched the balloon before it was dry (when will I ever learn?!) and ended up with a lovely finger print on it so I smothered a second layer over the top which did the trick and then left it overnight to dry!
 
I really must try more masculine cards, no matter how hard I try I never really end up liking them, they're just not pretty enough! :D
 
Materials used:
  • Stamps & Dies: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Basic Chevrons, Make a Wish and Tag Along
  • Ink: Versa Color - Cement, Indigo and Pacific; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Ranger - Glossy Accents
  • Cardstock, dew drops and ribbon from stash
 
That's all for now folks.  Thanks so much for dropping by, your visits and comments are appreciated so much.
 
Bye for now
 

3 comments:

  1. A fabby man card Neet! I love the glossy balloon...that's my trick too, touching the shiny before it's dry! ;)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and the glossy accents is just the right touch :) love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous Neet :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...