Saturday, 19 October 2013

Embossed with Glitter

Hi there

I'm back this afternoon to share a card I've made for the latest challenge at Less is More.  The theme this week is Trees.

I was going to automatically reach for my stamps to see what inspired me but then I remembered a stencil I had used to create some cards a few years ago, before I discovered Blogland, so I set about recreating the same design again.


 
 
I started by mounting a piece of white cardstock onto a slightly larger lime green cardstock.  Next, I secured the stencil with some low tack tape and spread some embossing paste over it to create the embossed tree on my card.  Once the stencil was removed I covered the paste with very fine glitter in three different shades, lime green, turquoise and purple/blue.  I made a bit of a mess with it, it gets everywhere!  Next I stamped the sentiment in turquoise ink.  The panel was then gently adhered to the card base.
 
Materials used:
  • Stencil: Lasting Impressions
  • Embossing Paste: Dreamweaver
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Modern Christmas
  • Ink: Versa Color - Turquoise
  • Glitter from stash
 
I'm not usually a big fan of glitter but these fine glitters are great, even if they are a little messy!  And you need a bit of bling on Christmas cards, don't you agree? :)
 
I'm hoping to spend some more time crafting this weekend so hopefully I'll be back soon with another card to show you.  I hope you're having a lovely Saturday and as always, thank you so much for visiting my little space in blogland x
 


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Neets. I'm not a big fan of glitter either but this is great
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look gorgeous Neets!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. neets this is stunning... love it!!

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tree! I love how you mixed the fine glitter...such a pretty effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Great stencil and I love your glitter - for Christmas glitter is good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Neets, stunningly sparkley and shimmery ... I love it! And yes, glitter is always good! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...