Saturday 19 October 2013

Embossed with Glitter

Hi there

I'm back this afternoon to share a card I've made for the latest challenge at Less is More.  The theme this week is Trees.

I was going to automatically reach for my stamps to see what inspired me but then I remembered a stencil I had used to create some cards a few years ago, before I discovered Blogland, so I set about recreating the same design again.


 
 
I started by mounting a piece of white cardstock onto a slightly larger lime green cardstock.  Next, I secured the stencil with some low tack tape and spread some embossing paste over it to create the embossed tree on my card.  Once the stencil was removed I covered the paste with very fine glitter in three different shades, lime green, turquoise and purple/blue.  I made a bit of a mess with it, it gets everywhere!  Next I stamped the sentiment in turquoise ink.  The panel was then gently adhered to the card base.
 
Materials used:
  • Stencil: Lasting Impressions
  • Embossing Paste: Dreamweaver
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Modern Christmas
  • Ink: Versa Color - Turquoise
  • Glitter from stash
 
I'm not usually a big fan of glitter but these fine glitters are great, even if they are a little messy!  And you need a bit of bling on Christmas cards, don't you agree? :)
 
I'm hoping to spend some more time crafting this weekend so hopefully I'll be back soon with another card to show you.  I hope you're having a lovely Saturday and as always, thank you so much for visiting my little space in blogland x
 


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Neets. I'm not a big fan of glitter either but this is great
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look gorgeous Neets!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. neets this is stunning... love it!!

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tree! I love how you mixed the fine glitter...such a pretty effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Great stencil and I love your glitter - for Christmas glitter is good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Neets, stunningly sparkley and shimmery ... I love it! And yes, glitter is always good! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...