Wednesday 9 October 2013

For My Wonderful Mum

Hi guys

I'm back tonight to share a card I made for my Mum's birthday.  It's her birthday tomorrow but she's in France so I know she certainly won't be going online at this time of night as they are an hour ahead of us, so hopefully the coast is clear to share it!

Until last week the only dies I had, other than those which match my stamp sets, were frames, banners and flags.  So I decided to treat myself to two new dies and have used them on this card.





I used the Peek-a-Boo Dots die to cut a banner across the width of the base card.  I cut a small strip off the bottom of the card base and then backed the whole of the card front with the purple cardstock, cut to the original card base size, to create a border along the bottom.

The rest is fairly self-explanatory, finishing with the leaf flourish and flower dies, a few gems and a stamped sentiment.

Materials used:
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Peek-a-Boo Dots and Leaf-Filled Flourish; Clearly Besotted Stamps - Flower Arrangement
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted Stamps - For Everyone
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Cardstock: Stampin' Up! - Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade and Calypso Coral; white card base from stash
  • Gems: Papermania - Glazed Gems (Iridescent)

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More #66 - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz Challenge 201 - Anything Goes
 
 
I really love the clean and crisp look you get from these detailed dies and now want so many more in my stash. Uh-oh, what have I started?!

Thanks for visiting and I'll be back tomorrow to share a card I made for a recent order.

Bye for now




 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Anita this is a pretty card, I sure ur mom will be delighted to see this one. Love the colors and that dots die :) thank you for sharing with us at ATSM !! And yes wishing ur Mom a very Happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Anita, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anita, this is so pretty, not seen that dots die before! Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card design. I love the prettyflowers you have used. A perfect entry for our challenge over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...