Sunday 6 October 2013

Sparkling White Christmas

Hi guys

When I saw the new challenge at Less is More this week I really wanted to see what I could create to fit the brief.  Chrissie and Jen have challenged us to make a White on White Christmas card.

Keep it Simple have also set a challenge where the theme is All is White, so I'm combining these two challenges.

I had all sorts of ideas in my head of what to do with my small selection of Christmas goodies but putting them into practice was a lot more difficult than I first anticipated!  White on white is hard and I've realised I'm in desperate need of Christmas dies!  Photographing white cards is also a challenge in itself but luckily we have a brighter day down here today which has helped.

I've made two cards for the challenge, this being the first one...

 


I remember the last time I used white embossing powder it ended up looking cream rather than white, as on my previous pine needle card here.  So to try to avoid this, instead of stamping the wreath in VersaMark or white ink, this time I used silver.  Although the silver is covered by the powder it has made it a brighter white.

I've used a shimmery pearlescent cardstock here.  I started by stamping the wreath in silver and covering with white embossing powder, and then stamped the sentiment in silver ink and covered with clear embossing powder.  I didn't want the sentiment to get hidden in the pearlescent base.  I then heat embossed the two elements at the same time rather than heating twice.  The card did warp slightly, a problem I always encounter when heat embossing so this panel had to sit under some heavy magazines to straighten out. 

I wrapped some white organza ribbon around the panel and made a bow, this was then popped up on 3D foam.  A little bit of bling was added to finish.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Penny Black - Crystal Wreath; Marion Emberson Designs - Sparkling Christmas
  • Ink: Versa Color - Silver
  • Embossing Powder: Stampin' Up - White; Rubber Stampede - Clear
  • Cardstock, ribbon and gems from stash

Thanks for popping by, I'll be back shortly with my second white on white Christmas card.





9 comments:

  1. Such a sparkly card... so delicate and elegant too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!

    Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great tip about the E.P. Had that problem myself in the past, will try your method next time. Lovely delicate and pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty Neet, it really does look very twinkly!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty - I find it so difficult to make a only white card - I really admire yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Neet, and thanks for the tip, mine always comes out cream as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is stunning ... love it neets

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anita!
    What an beautiful and elegant card you created! Really love the wreath and the bling!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at KEEP IT SIMPLE!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...