Today I'd like to share a card I recently made for a friend. She wanted a card to give to her new hubby on their wedding day, and today was the big day in Cyprus - lucky lady!
The theme of their wedding is butterflies and coral and this is the card I made for her.
I started by cutting a background panel of pale coral and rounding the corners. I then cut two smaller panels, one in darker coral and one in white, rounded the corners and held them together with low tack tape, slightly offset, before cutting with an oval die through the two layers. I then ran the white panel through my Big Shot using a hearts embossing folder. I then glued the two offset layers together.
The only wedding sentiment stamps I have say 'on YOUR wedding day' so I printed my own sentiment and adhered this to the back, allowing the message to show through the aperture. The top two layers were then adhered to the pale coral panel and wrapped with some white organza ribbon before attaching to the card base.
The butterflies were stamped with white ink on coral card and die cut with co-ordinating dies. I printed the date of the special day and used a heart die to cut this out before stamping the rings in silver. The final touches were an organza bow and some gems on the butterflies which were then popped up on 3D foam.
I made a final finishing touch by adding an insert which I stamped with matching butterflies in silver.
- Cardstock: Stampin' Up - Calypso Coral; Bazzill Basics Premium Cardstock (pale coral); white cardstock from stash
- Embossing Folder: Cart-Us - Ornament Hearts
- Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Butterfly Wishes and Happily Ever After
- Ink: Versa Color - White and Silver
- Dies: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Butterfly Wishes and Love Hearts; Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Ovals Large
- Tools: Tonic - Corner Rounder
- Ribbon and gems from stash
I'm sure the happy couple had a wonderful day and I'd like to wish them lots of happy years together :) xx
That's all for now folks. There are a couple of challenges I have spotted that I want to have a go at so I'll be back in the next day or two to share more cards with you. Thank you so much for visiting, I'm so grateful for your continued support.