Saturday 12 October 2013

Sketch Saturday Week #280 - Guest Designer!

Hi there

Its Saturday (yay!!) and therefore time for the next challenge over at Sketch Saturday!

This is my second week as Guest Designer and I'm loving this little role for the October challenges.  I want to give the lovely Lizy of Lizy's House of Cards massive thanks for inviting me to be part of the team, I'm having great fun putting these cards together.

Before I show you this week's sketch and card I wanted to let you know that Sketch Saturday are celebrating their milestone of 2000 followers and are offering lots of thank you candy.  There are multiple prizes and therefore multiple winners and all you have to do is add your details to the Linky before 31 October 2013.  That's it - easy peasy!

So, onto this week's fab sketch...

 
I think you'll agree this is a brilliant sketch to use as a basis for your cards and this is what I came up with for this design...
 


 
 

I started by covering the card base with some green cardstock.  I then cut some patterned paper slightly smaller.  I stamped the sentiment on a strip of white card and ran this though my Big Shot using a snowflake embossing folder before adhering to the patterned paper.

Next I stamped two baubles onto green and pale coral cardstock using VersaMark ink and heat embossed using white embossing powder.  I then fussy cut these out.  I adhered some ribbon in position and fixed this on the back of the patterned paper.  I then popped the baubles up on 3D foam.  This top layer was then adhered to the green card base.

Materials used:
  • Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Premium Cardstock (colours); white cardstock from stash
  • Patterned Paper: Dovecraft - Christmas Blues
  • Stamps: Marion Emberson Designs - Sparkling Christmas
  • Ink: VersaMark; Versa Color - Celadon
  • Embossing: Stampin' Up - Powder White; Snowflake folder free with a publication
  • Ribbon from stash

Please take a moment to visit the Sketch Saturday challenge blog and see what the fabulous Design Team have created this week.  And why not have a go yourself, this is a really versatile sketch so there are loads of options.  And don't forget about the great offer of Thank You Candy!

Thanks so much for popping by and I hope to see you very soon.  Have a wonderful weekend.






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card Anita, love your interpretation of the sketch and the dry and heat embossed elements. Thanks for joining us this month at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, great interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love this card Neet...I love the modern colours! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...