Sunday 27 December 2020

Elegant Tree with Micro Beads

Hi there

I've shared all my multiple makes with you so now I'll start sharing a few individual cards I made for certain people this year.  Today I'm sharing my first card using glass micro beads which I purchased from Sweet Poppy.  This was the Christmas card I made for my bestie this year.


I die cut the upper panel first using a stitched rectangle die, obviously you can't feed anything through a die-cutting machine after using this technique.  I then ink blended through the tree stencil with three shades of ink before then spreading translucent paste over the top.  You then need to work quickly to add the micro beads after removing the stencil before the paste starts to dry.  I used clear micro beads here over translucent paste so the colours then show through once dry.  Next I manipulated a clear sentiment stamp to follow the curve at the base of the tree and then stamped and heat embossed in silver.


Once completely dry, and allowing any warping to flatten out, I adhered the panel over some silver no-shed glitter cardstock and then adhered this flat to the card base.  I just love the effect of these beads and how it sparkles, it's so pretty!  


Materials used:
  • Stencil: Funky Fossil Designs - Elegant Tree
  • Ink: Altenew - Lagoon, Bamboo, Hydrangea; VersaMark
  • Embossing Paste: Sweet Poppy - Stencil Dimensions: Translucent
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Cosy Christmas
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Silver
  • Accents: Sweet Poppy - Clear Glass Micro Beads

Challenge entries:

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Challenge #522 - Anything Goes Christmas
Always Fun Challenges - Challenge #194 - Christmas
Allsorts Challenge - Week 603/4 - Sparkle and Shine
NBUS - Challenge #21 - first use of micro beads and this stencil
STAMPlorations - December Stencil Challenge - Anything Goes
Uniko - Challenge #62 - 'Tis the Season (option: Sparkle)




I still have a few more individual cards to share so will be back again very soon.


12 comments:

  1. You give new meaning to the word spectacular, Anita! That is not a card ~ it is a gift to be kept as a decoration year after year! I'm sure I would make a dog's dinner out of the steps, but you have made a work of art! Thank you for sharing this schparkly delight with everyone at NBUS! Happy New Year! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY VERY dazzling! Haven't seen anyone use micro beads in forever and reminded me I have a bottle I've never used! Noticed the spelling of "cosy" and Googled it to find out that you Brits spell it with the s, while we in the US spell it "cozy"! I never realized that... things one learns every day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous creation, a really great tree and some lovely sparkling colours. Thank you for joining our 'Sparkle and shine' challenge' at Allorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Bet this really glimmers in real life. It is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO very effective, yet to try out the beads I bought, many thanks for joining our 'Sparkle and Shine' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card! You have inspired me to try the microbeads that I have hiding in a drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning and spectacular. Love the microbeads here. Thanks for sharing with us at STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! Love those colours,ours and all the sparkle. Thanks for playing at Uniko, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.
    Happy New Year;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  10. How glittery and sparkly is this yet it isn't fussy at all, fab.
    Thanks for joining us at Uniko. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that card is just stunning!!! love the look of the micro beads. WOW! Thanks for playing along with us at STAMPlorations stencil challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is really gorgeous and dazzling awesomely! I love it! Thanks so much for participating in the STAMPlorations December Stencil Challenge and hope to see your creation/s this January. Stay blessed and happy :)
    Hugs and smiles,
    Asmah
    ...STAMPlorations {Stencil Design Team}...
    ...Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}...
    ...My Instagram...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...