Wednesday 16 December 2020

Christmas Card Multiples - Angled Patterned Papers

Hi guys

The one thing I seem to disregard more than anything else in my stash is my patterned paper pads.  So I decided to make an effort to use some of them in my Christmas card designs this year.

I recently came across a great video by Lisa Beard where she shares a tutorial on how to cut four angled pieces from one piece of 6x6 paper.  You can find the video, here.

So I got to work with three festive sheets of paper and created twelve cards.


I chose paper designs, all from the same paper pad, with patterns that could be used in any orientation and therefore made all the cards with the same layout, matting and layering onto mirri cardstock and adhering onto some linen card bases, stamping an angled sentiment and cutting a word die cut, also from mirri cardstock.  The panels were all adhered in the same position and I used my MISTI to stamp the sentiments one after the other.  The die cuts words were then adhered in position.

Here's a closer look at each variation...


Festive Sweets


The festive sweets paper was matted onto a layer of green mirri card and I used gold mirri card for the Merry sentiment.



Ditsy Holly


The ditsy holly paper was matted onto a layer of gold mirri card and I used red mirri card for the Merry sentiment.



Colourful Gifts


The colourful gifts paper was matted onto a layer of red mirri card and I used green mirri card for the Merry sentiment.



Materials used:
  • Patterned Paper: Doodlebug - Santa Express
  • Stamps: Concord & 9th - Cozy Christmas
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Die: Clearly Besotted - Merry Christmas Die Collection
  • Mirri cardstock from stash

Challenge entries:

AAA Cards - CAS Game #180 - Made in Minutes (Christmas)
STAMPlorations - December CAS Challenge - Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge - Challenge #602 - Got to be Christmas
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - Challenge #520 - AG (Use the word Merry)
Uniko - Challenge #62 - 'Tis the Season





I still have lots more to share so please do stop by again between now and Christmas if you have time :)





7 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous and so original x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all lovely Anita. I have lots of Christmas papers in my stash and didn,t really know what to do with some of them. I do now. Thanks for the inspiration,
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, these are absolutely lovely - and a fabulous way to get some serious mileage from patterned papers! Intrigued! Off to check out the video!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect way to use up those Christmas DP pads Anita, I recently found a whole box of festive DP when giving the craft room a Christmas clear out. Too late for this year but I must remember for next!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Uniko and also for your card which is now sat proudly on my windowsill! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rocking the batch cards Anita. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just spotted them at Uniko. Thanks for linking up there too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to show some love to your patterned papers! Love the clean and simple layouts. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...