Sunday 20 December 2020

Christmas Card Multiples - Sweet Gingerbread Christmas

Hi there

This is another Christmas card design that was quick to replicate so I made a little batch.

Usually I make my own card bases by cutting down sheets of A4 cardstock but I also have a box containing lots of ready to go card bases and envelopes that I've had in my stash for many years.  So for these I grabbed some little square cards.  

Colouring takes far too long when you need to get a production line going so I went on the hunt in my stamp stash for some solid images that I could just stamp one after the other in my MISTI.  I chose a cute set by Clearly Besotted (now retired) for the images and sentiment.




Gingerbread House


I stamped the gingerbread house in two shades of ink, re-stamping around the edge with the slightly darker shade.  These did lighten up as the ink dried by you can just about see the difference in the two shades.  I then stamped the sweet in the upper window and the sentiment below.  Some glitter enamel dots were then added to replicate gum drops.



Gingerbread Man


These were made in exactly the same way with two shades of ink, and then the smiley face was stamped together with the sentiment.  The glitter enamel dots were added here too for the gum drop buttons.


Materials used:
  • Clearly Besotted - Naughty or Nice
  • Ink: Altenew - Sunkissed, Caramel Toffee, Crimson, Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Accents: Happy Little Stampers - Glitter enamel dots

Challenge entries:

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Challenge #521 - Anything Goes (Optional: use the word Christmas)
AAA Cards - CAS Game #180 - Made in Minutes (Optional: Christmas)
STAMPlorations - December CAS Challenge - Anything CAS Goes
Uniko - Challenge #62 - 'Tis the Season
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Last Minute Christmas





Oh, and if you spotted the little gingerbread man ornament, he is made from modelling clay and was made for me by my best friend a number of years ago.  Isn't he the cutest?!


Thanks as always for taking the time to visit.  I have more to come very soon.



6 comments:

  1. They're awesome. Beautifully CAS and super quick. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card set, I love the touch of sparkle on those sweet stamps. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great set of cards. Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super fun set of cards! So cute. Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations CAS Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful gingerbread cards! And perfectly CAS as well! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable!! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...