Sunday 1 December 2013

Something a Little Different...

Hi guys

Today I'd like to share something I've made for my very best friend, Hazel.  She's opened it this morning so I can share it with you all now!

She loves everything about Christmas so this year I decided to make her an Advent present, so that she can enjoy the approach to Christmas even more :)

Here it is...

 
I made 24 little boxes from kraft cardstock the same way that I made my storage boxes for my card scraps here but adjusting the measurements slightly to create a top flap closure.

 
Each box was stamped with a design from Clearly Besotted Stamps Signature Christmas and Signature Christmas Additions stamp sets.  I kept the traditional red and green theme throughout.


I created the tags using a die from Clearly Besotted Stamps Tag Along set and stamped the numbers using Dovecraft Numbers stamp set in Versafine Onyx Black.  I attached the tags to some green florists twine I had in my stash and tied this in a bow around each box to secure.

 
I placed all the boxes randomly in a Christmas decoration box I found at Dunelm Mill, similar to this one.  It was purely a fluke that the boxes fitted perfectly!
 
 
Each little box contains a small gift but obviously I can't share the contents with you as Hazel is one of my followers!  I've been collecting gift items for the past two or three months, you've no idea how difficult it was to find things small enough to fit in the boxes but I managed it in the end! 
 
 
On a separate note, I finally made a start last night making my main batch of Christmas cards.  Once these have been posted out I'll share them with you.
 
That's all for now, I hope you are all having a lovely Sunday.  I'm off out shortly to enjoy a nice carvery lunch.
 
Take care
 

 

 

7 comments:

  1. Unique, gorgeous, stunning, perfect attention to detail. One lucky lady is going to receive these. Great idea for advent neets. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing gift you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so incredibly lucky to be the grateful recipient of this fabulous gift! As usual, Anita's attention to detail and creativity is absolutely perfect. I love the green twine and tags! Inside each gift is wrapped beautifully in tissue. So thoughtful and so kind xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, beautiful bestie! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous and heartfelt gift you made for your friend! Super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful and thoughtful gift Neets! I'm sure your friend will love it! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so gorgeous Anita, perfect packaging. Sorry for not getting back to your sooner with your question on card size. I do make my own card bases and use either A6 or 12x12cm as a standard. As you said it is much easier for trying to match up whites (who knew there was so many shades of white!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...