Sunday 15 December 2013

My Christmas Card Design 2013

Hi guys

Once again, apologies for my lack of posts on here this week.  As I work full time I only have time to craft in the evenings and this week I just haven't found any time at all. 

I have finally managed to put my Christmas decorations up, after countless trips up and down the loft ladder, and have spent a little time writing out my Christmas cards which are now all in the mail...phew, I thought it was never going to happen this year!

So, as my cards are now on their way to the recipients I thought I would share my design with you.  I like to make Christmas cards for challenges and these I just add to my stash.  But as I need to send quite a few cards I have decided to choose a design each year and make multiples of it, this way I know that no-one will be getting a similar card the following year.

So this year I made six variations, ten of each, all based around the same design, just changing a few images and colours.  I chose to use Clearly Besotted Stamps 'Signature Christmas' and 'Signature Christmas Additions' as my main focus, and used Clearly Besotted Stamps 'Merry Little Christmas' and 'Basic Stripes' for additional elements.  I have used some die cut elements but to keep mailing costs down I have adhered these directly to the card rather than popping up on 3D foam.  I used Versafine Onyx Black for all the sentiments and I've detailed below the different ink colours I used for each batch.

 
Versa Color - Green Tea and Cardinal

 
 
 
Versa Color - Winter Green and Boysenberry
 

 
 
Versa Color - Lavender and Celadon
 

 
 
Versa Color - Sky Blue and Mint
 
 
 
 
Versa Color - Tropical Green and Pink
 

 
 
Versa Color - Evergreen, Sage and Bronze
 

 
 
I'm entering these into the following challenges:
 
CAS on Sunday #23 - Christmas
Creative Inspirations - Traditional Christmas Colours (red and green card)
Stampin' for the Weekend - Use some red (first card)
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Last Minute Christmas
Totally Papercrafts - Christmas using Non Traditional Colours
 
 
I had great fun making these.  I did miscalculate how many I needed though so had to use a few extras from my stash.  There's just a handful left to make for my nearest and dearest and then I'll be finished.
 
Thanks for popping by, hopefully I can get back into the flow of regular crafting again now and enter a few challenges, I've missed out on far too many these last few weeks!  Note to self, start A LOT earlier next year! :D
 
I hope all your Christmas plans are coming together.
 
Take care

 

 
 

9 comments:

  1. WOW. I'm speechless Anita - just marvellous!!!! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, hun. They are such gorgeous images I couldn't stop at one, I had to use nearly all of them! xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow! These are all so gorgeous! the CAS design works so well with the different images and colour combos. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow talk about Neat and Crafty these are absolutely fantastic and so perfect for posting. Well done. Next year I'm going to try less designs and postage friendly as I've slipped up this year! Have a great Christmas and New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card sets - these are all amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with us at creative inspirations and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow amazing these are so great love them all. Thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very many thanks for sharing your lovely creations at Sweet Stampin' and good luck with the Challenge. Judy x DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these cards are stunning. Great colours combinations. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great job making elegant CAS style cards for Christmas. Love the style and color choices on all of them. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...