Tuesday 17 December 2013

Five Gold Rings

Hi there

Ever since I saw the latest challenge at Less is More the cogs of my brain have been turning, albeit not very well!  The challenge set by Chrissie and Jen is to make a One Layer Card, always a challenge, but with the theme of 'The 12 Days of Christmas'.

The idea for my card popped into my head while I was at work yesterday and I came home to attempt to create it.  I have nothing in my stash to fit the '12 Days of Christmas' theme but then I thought, Five Gold Rings, that'll be easy as I must have a circular stamp in my stash.  Nope, don't have one! 

Anyway, here is my card, and read on to find out how I created it...

 
 
For such a simple card this took me AGES to make!  As no 'ring' stamp was anywhere to be found I set about finding another way to make my rings.  I used a circular die and a slightly smaller circle punch.  I die cut a circle from a post it note, and then punched out the smaller circle, also from the sticky edge of a post-it note, and placed this in the centre, creating a ring aperture.  I then raided my stamp collection to find something that would cover the aperture, this ended up being a vase stamp, just the right size to cover the area. 
 
I first drew a pencil line along the card, marking five evenly spaced positions for my rings.  Then I placed the ring aperture, five times along the card, and stamped through the aperture using my vase stamp with VersaMark ink.  When all five were stamped I covered them in gold embossing powder and heated.
 
I then used some alphabet stamps to stamp 'MERRY' inside the rings and finished off with a sentiment and a little holly accent, coloured with Promarkers.
 
The card became warped from the heat embossing so I heated it again slightly and then placed it under a heavy box overnight and its now straightened itself out.
 
And, as I've used gold on this card I'm also linking it up to the latest challenge at Card Crafter's Circle.
 
This isn't my best work but after all, it is for some challenges so I thought I may as well share it.
 
Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Basic Alphabet and Signature Christmas; Holly is from an unknown stamp set
  • Ink: VersaMark; Versa Color - Rose Red; Versafine - Onyx Black; Impress - Jet Black
  • Embossing Powder: Rubber Stampede - Gold
  • Tonic Corner Rounder
 
Thanks for popping by and I'll be back shortly with another card for my much abandoned 'Inspired By...' series.
 


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous CAS card! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card ....... very clever idea. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...