Monday 30 December 2013

Happy Birthday Panel

Hi guys

I'm back with another card this afternoon, please scroll down for my first post of today.

This time I'm pairing up yet another entry for Less is More, to choose any previous challenge, with the latest challenge at ColourQ, #221.

So, again I asked my boyfriend to pick a number between 1 and 150 and this time he chose No 4.  The Week 4 Challenge at Less is More was a Recipe of 'Three Squares'.

Here's my card...





Apologies for the not great photography.  The lighting was very strange in my lounge today, no matter where I stood I was casting a shadow.

I started by stamping the base card using a very old wood-mounted stamp.  After cleaning off the stamp I then inked up sections of it in the three other colours and stamped this on a scrap of white cardstock.  I then used a small square die to cut out sections of the three coloured areas before adhering these to the card base in their original positions, popping up on some adhesive squares to add dimension.

The card looked like it required something else so I finished off by colouring in the hearts using co-ordinating ProMarkers.

Here is the ColourQ inspiration palette.


I love this colour combination, I think these are beautiful together but I actually think my card will be great to give to a guy.  I'll have to remember this combo as I always struggle with masculine cards.

Materials used:

  • Stamp: Penny Black - "Birthday" Panel
  • Ink: Versa Color - Neptune, Sky Blue, Mint and Sand Beige
  • Die: Xcut - Nested Squares
  • ProMarkers: Powder Blue, Pastel Green and Tan

Thanks for visiting and for your comments, I love receiving them and appreciate your feedback.

Take care and I hope to see you again tomorrow.


3 comments:

  1. What a clever design and a great way to use these colors! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love your stamping and fun layout, thanks for joining us at ColourQ, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...