Tuesday 31 December 2013

2013 - My First Blogging Year in Review (and some favourites)

Hi there

Well, as 2013 comes to a close I wanted to share some thoughts and favourites with you.

I started making cards quite a few years ago but I never really stuck with it for any length of time.  So last year, after seeing some blogs listed in a magazine, I decided to have a look and find out what it was all about.  That was it, from that moment I was hooked and I've become addicted to cardmaking more than ever before.  Having absolutely no clue about how to create a blog, after a few months of following some of you 'Neet & Crafty' was born.  And what a wonderful year I've had!

It seems to be a crafty blog tradition with many of you to review and share your favourite creations from each year so I've decided to do the same.  I was going to pick a card from each month but most of my favourites were from the latter part of 2013.  Some of my early designs, well, what was I thinking! haha

So here goes...

Please click on the date link if you would like to see the original post.

26 February - This was my first really CAS card and I still love it.  All the lovely comments also gave me a real boost.  The photography, however, was rubbish! :D



1 March - This card gave me my first challenge recognition, Top 3 Featured Member at Muse.  You've no idea how happy this made me!


16 June - I was so delighted with this card.  I just loved the mix of Clearly Besotted Stamps products and the colour combo.



23 June - The combination of a natural card base, kraft cardstock and the gorgeous papers from Fancy Pants just made me smile.



23 July - I was so happy with this card, this subtle colour combo turned out to be one of my favourites



7 September - I think this is at the top of my favourites list, the anniversary card I made for my best friend.  I love everything about it, especially the buttons :)



12 September - I was so pleased with this New Home card I made for my brother and his girlfriend.  I love the simplicity and of course, the button and jute twine.



4 October - I had this stamp unused in my stash for months and once I inked it up I just loved it.  And clearly, as the year's gone on, I think clean and simple has become my favourite style.



9 October - I made this card with two new die purchases and was so happy with it.  I still have a very limited die collection but I will certainly be purchasing more in 2014.  I think they just add that little something extra.



5 November - I really struggle with masculine cards so was really happy when I managed to create this one for my chap's birthday.  I think I may create some more versions in the future, based on this design.



10 November - I wanted to include this one as I tried two new techniques and was really pleased with the result.  The first was embossing with dies which creates a lovely effect and adds interest to a one layer card.  The second technique was creating a background of words, it took me ages but worked really well in the end.



7 December - I wouldn't normally use flowers on a wedding card but loved the end result of this one.  These stamps from Uniko Studio had been on my wishlist for so long and I'm so glad I finally managed to purchase them.



And there you have it, I managed to choose 12 cards, albeit not one from each month.  CAS is definitely becoming the style that I love the most and I think this is the general direction in which I aim to continue.

I want to thank each and every one of you whether a follower, subscriber, reader or fellow blogger for all your wonderful comments, hints and tips, product advice and for generally making me feel so welcome in this crafting community.

I also want to specifically send a massive THANK YOU to Stephanie at Clearly Besotted Stamps for asking me to Guest Design for her September release, I feel so honoured to have been part of your team.  And special thanks also goes out to Lizy at Lizy's House of Cards for thinking of me and asking me to Guest Design for Sketch Saturday throughout October.  I had a wonderful time so thank you both SO MUCH xx

So all that remains is for me to say Happy New Year to you all.  I hope you have a fabulous night tonight whatever you're up to and I wish you and your nearest and dearest all the best for a happy and healthy 2014.

Much love






12 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Anita :) what I like the most about ur cards is the subtle beauty which makes them belong to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita, thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Love your year in review cards...you have a real flair for CAS designs! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved seeing your style develop over the year Anita, you have shared some gorgeous creations with us, thank you for your inspiration :0) Looking forward to seeing what you create in 2014. Wishing you a very Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea to share your favourite cards and they are all just fabulous,I love the cas style and yu you have captured it beautifully.Delighted that 2014 is bringing you recognition for this and enjoy the guest designers spots will look out for your posts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. My Guest Designer spots have taken place already, in September and October 2013. I had a great time :) x

      Delete
  5. what a great idea to share your favourite cards and they are all just fabulous,I love the cas style and yu you have captured it beautifully.Delighted that 2014 is bringing you recognition for this and enjoy the guest designers spots will look out for your posts x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, Anita! I have enjoyed visiting your blog this year and look forward to seeing more in 2014.

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful year in review! I love all of your cards and can't wait to see what is in store for next year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done hit parade, Anita! It's been a pleasure to get to know you better this year and watch as your CASlicious style has evolved!! I wish you all the best for a Happy New Year!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great year in review! Your CAS are modern without being too edgy, and your placement of elements like die cuts is spot-on. Love your color combos, too - peach and green, and purple and green, are particular favorites. Here's to a wonderful 2014 ahead, and thanks for sharing your talent with all of us - your blog is one of my "best of 2013" for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab collection of cards and there are a few more I remember of yours I love! Regarding not embossing to stop curling of the card, I use the heat fun underneath and on top to dry the powder x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing ur creations! I am a huge fan of CAS cards.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...