Sunday 16 June 2013

Sketch Saturday Week #263

Hi guys

Go me, three posts in less than 24 hours!

While I had my hexagon hat on I thought I'd have my first go at a Sketch Saturday challenge which this week features a hexagonal design.

Here is my card...

 
and here is Jen's sketch...
 


I started by flipping through some of my patterned paper pads as I was initially going to die cut the hexagons, then I looked through one of my new pads and found a page which was a hexagonal design.  So I cut out a section to use and then matched up the upper and lower background papers using sheets from the same pad.  A bit of matting and layering, stamping a sentiment and a few dew drops later and it was complete.

I'm not entirely happy with this but I think its because its quite masculine.  I prefer girlie cards but as my stock of male cards is pretty much non-existent, I'll add it to my stash :)

Materials used:
  • Design Paper: Echo Park - Sweet Day (6x6 paper pad)
  • Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Premium Cardstock (lime green)
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Honeycomb (sentiment)
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Dew drops from stash


As always, thanks for dropping by.

Take care and see you soon :)




2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card and love your colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. A fab take on our sketch and I love the colours you've used. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...