Saturday 8 June 2013

Muse Challenge #20

Morning everyone

And what a glorious morning it is here in South Devon :) 

I've got a busy day today but found time last night to make a card for this week's challenge over at Muse.  This week's muse is Laurie Willison and I love the card she has created for us this week.  Its the colour combination that first caught my eye.

Its mainly the colours that I mirrored in my card, together with the sentiment in black, but I also loosely recreated the layout, the stitched 'ribbon' and the trio of images.

Here is my card...


I wanted to try something a little different so when I mentioned 'ribbon', its obviously not actually ribbon.  I used one of my faux stitching stamps which I stamped with VersaMark and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. 

Here is a closer view...


I didn't have any ornate style stamps like the one Laurie used in her card (below) so I stuck with the 'rule of three' and used a trio of little flower heads.  I finished off with three little gems to give the card some balance.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Flower Arrangement; Hot Off The Press - Stamped Stitches
  • Ink: Versa Color - Orange and Canary; Versafine - Onyx Black; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Stampin' Up - White
  • Cardstock: Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock (aqua), White cardstock from stash
  • Gems from stash

This is Laurie's beautiful creation we were to take our inspiration from...


I'll be back to have a look through all your other creations for this challenge, at first glance it looks like there are some real beauties! :)

Well that's all from me today.  I'm off to a local Beer Festival in Paignton this afternoon and so glad the sun is shining.  Last year it was a complete wash-out and I had to nip out a buy some last minute wellies!  Looking forward to lots of local beer and cider, live music, food, friends and sunshine...what a fab combination!  I may wake with a sore head tomorrow but a good time has got to be had, eh! haha

Thanks so much for popping by, you've no idea how appreciative I am of your comments, they never fail to put a smile on my face :)

Take care and have a lovely weekend wherever you are.




5 comments:

  1. Hi Anita, I love your trio of flowers and embossed stitching, great idea! Brilliant take on the Muse. Hope you have a lovely day in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this - so cool and funky and clearly inspired by the Muse! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so pretty, Anita, there's a real folk-art feel to it ... a brilliant take on Laurie's muse! Me too ... I don't have any of those ornate stamps either yet, makes for a good challenge though doesn't it? Have a fun day! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really preety Neet! Hope you had fun at the beer festival! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was real stitching!! Gorgeous card, those colours are pretty together aren't they?! And I do love Laurie, she's a very sweet lady as well as being a fab crafter :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...