Tuesday 18 June 2013

Clearly Besotted Challenge #1 - Take 3!

Hi guys

Well today started out very miserable, cloudy and muggy down here in the South West but this evening its beautiful and as it was bright and sunny in my flat when I got home from work I thought I'd make another card while I had some decent daylight and could photograph it too :)

I've still got my box of gorgeous goodies from Clearly Besotted Stamps out from my stash so here's my third entry for the first Clearly Besotted Challenge.  There's still time to enter and its great that this first challenge has a theme of  'Anything Goes' so if you own any CBS products you can enter as long as you use at least one :)

The colouring took a while as I'm still getting to grips with my FlexMarkers but I think I'm getting better with my blending. 

 
While travelling through Blogland I've picked up a little tip which is to outline coloured images with a pale blue marker, not sure if you can see it too well in the following photo but it really does make a difference and give the image some definition.  The card I used to stamp the image on isn't the best so its not as sharp as it could be, the colours did bleed a little.
 


 
I thought this sentiment didn't belong on a busy card so I've kept the whole thing very simple.  Just a bit of layering and I curved the sentiment stamp to follow the stem and finished with a few gems for balance.
 
Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - With Love
  • Ink: Memento - London Fog
  • FlexMarkers: Pink Pearl, Wild Orchid, Red Violet, Apple, Forest Green, Tulip Yellow, Buttercup, Soft Aqua, Blender
  • Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Reverse Wonky Rectangles
  • Cardstock: Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock (purple); white card from stash
  • Gems from stash
 
Thanks for dropping in, I've just realised I've not had my tea and that's probably why I'm sitting here listening to my rumbling tum!
 
Take care
 
 

 

8 comments:

  1. I can't see the bleeding at all, but another good tip is that if you want to outline the flower in blue, do it before you colour it in. Sometimes the blue will pick up the 'inside the lines' colour, but if you do it first, you shouldn't have this problem. This is a pretty flower and I love the colours you've chosen for it! Lovely, soft, serene feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks for the tip, Ardyth. I only remembered to outline it after I'd finished but I'll try that in future :) x

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful Neet! I think your colouring is fab and quite realistic! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautifully designed card! Love the reverse wonky rectangle diecuts. Your coloring is VERY nice, and the soft blue color around the image really does add so much definition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, it is so soft and pretty!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous card Anita, I love it. So so pretty, love the colour and how you have done the sentiment ... just beautiful!

    Thanks again for joining us for the first CBS Challenge,
    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colouring is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...