Sunday 16 June 2013

Clearly Besotted Challenge #1 & Less is More Week 124 - Take 2!

Hi guys

I had another play this morning with some more of my Clearly Besotted stamp sets and dies. 

I think this has to be one of my favourite cards I've made so far.  I'm really happy with it, its the kind of design I'd love to receive myself.  It took quite a while for me to put this together, mainly because I don't have a craft room so I'm constantly back and forth from the lounge table to my craft cupboard in the hall, getting out the bits and pieces I need. 

Anyway, moan over, here's my card...



 
 
 
This is my second entry in the first Clearly Besotted Challenge, the theme being 'Anything Goes', where the only rule is to use at least one Clearly Besotted product (not difficult for me!).  This is also card number two I'm submitting this week over at Less is More where the theme is 'Hexagons'.
 
I had this idea in my head last night, to make it look like the vase of flowers is sitting on a hexagonal tiled surface, I think it works quite well :)  I masked off the bottom third of the square panel and stamped the hexagons but because they weren't touching, where it was masked didn't really create a neat line so I added a length of thin satin ribbon to create a better finish.  The ribbon came from my stash of little offcuts, these being the annoying little bits of ribbon that are sewn into the shoulders of clothes.  I use anything I can get for free! :)
 
The vase and flowers were stamped and die cut and then popped up on 3D foam.  The sentiment was actually a straight one which I curved before sticking to my acrylic block, to follow the shape of the flowers.  The square was then framed with some coloured cardstock before adhering to the card base.
 
Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Flower Arrangement, Honeycomb and For Everyone (sentiments)
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Flower Arrangement
  • Ink: Versa Color - Sage, Grape, Peony, Orchid, Petal Pink; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Cardstock: Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock (purple); white card from stash
  • Ribbon from stash
 
Thanks for popping by, I really appreciate your comments. 
 
See you soon
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Neet! And I love the curved sentiment...I have done similar before now. And don't get me started on annoying bits of ribbon...I have a large coffee jar full! ;)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another really pretty card Neet!
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anita, This is just beautiful. Lovely soft colour palette and fab positioning of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. another great card neets... love the stitching

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello
    Fabby card....
    Hugs Sylvie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful--I love the "For my wonderful" around the flowers, how you did the flowers in the vase, the ribbon--a great card!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you overlapped the flower dies. Thank you so much for taking part, I really appreciate it :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...