Saturday 1 June 2013

Muse Challenge #19

Hi guys

I didn't think I was going to get a chance to take part this week but I managed it with a few hours to spare.

This week's muse over at the Muse Challenge blog is Michelle Williams who has created a cute little card with the sentiments framed within lots of colourful images. 

I decided to use the same idea and layout for my card...

 
 
When I saw Michelle's card I knew I wanted to use one of my new Stampin' Up stamp sets, 'Stacks of Wishes' which is a hostess set.  I then went in search of images from other stamp sets to match the sentiments.  I was hoping I would find smaller images to create more of a frame but no luck.  So the finished card isn't how I initially visualised it would be, but I still quite like it :)
 
I used Versa Color ink to stamp the images and finished off a few areas with ProMarkers (parcel and flames).  I then added some Stickles glitter glue to the parcel ribbon and added my new favourite craft item, Glossy Accents, to the icing on the cupcakes.
 
Materials used:
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up - Stacks of Wishes (sentiment); Uniko Studio - Label Love: Birthday (balloon); Penny Black - Salutations (candle); Clearly Besotted Stamps - Merry Little Christmas (small starburst); parcel and cupcake - unknown brand stamp set
  • Ink: Versa Color - Heliotrope, Pink, Canary, Sky Blue, Mint, Silver; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Accents: ProMarkers; Ranger - Glossy Accents; Stickles - Star Dust
 
This is the inspiration card created by Michelle...
 


Thanks for visiting my blog today, and thanks in advance if you leave a comment, they are always greatly appreciated :)

Have a lovely weekend




15 comments:

  1. What ahappy cheerful birthday card, Anita! Your colours and stamping are fab and I like the touches of gloss and glitter too. A lovely interpretation of the Muse card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, and so much fun, Anita! Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the birthday images coordinate wonderfully with the sentiments! I really like the soft colors you chose to use and the little touches of shine and sparkle are a very fun touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is FUN! I love those little images for this little party on a card! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very cute, and the images suit the sentiment so well. It looks like a party on paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita, this is so, so cute. Great stamp set. Love the colors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is such fun, Neet, such a happy, happy card! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun take on Michelle's card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always make wonderful cards! I struggled with this week's MUSE Challenge, but happily did get my card done and posted in time! I thought it was one of the most challenging so far, and that made me even MORE determined to come up something! I think your card is so lovely and I'm glad you played too! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so festive and fun. I love all those fabulous party images.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card!! I love that cupcake stamp and the glittery ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are really fun images and perfect coloring for the CASE of Michelle's MUSE card, Neet! I totally love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is gorgeous - I love your birthday theme - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your take on the card it is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a gorgeous card Neet! So bright and cheerful and love the combination of stamps!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...