Saturday 26 June 2021

Less is More Challenge #446

Hi there

It's Saturday and time for a new challenge at Less is More, but I'm sure some of you won't be excited to hear that we're back to the dreaded One Layer week! lol

And this time we want to see your one layer creations combined with...


Oooh, this one's a toughy!


Monogram isn't an easy theme and then combined with only being able to use the card base makes it much more tricky.  I was scratching my head for quite a while thinking about what to do and how to produce what I wanted to do for my DT card but, with a little forward planning I managed to create the vision I had in my mind.  Here it is...


I knew I wanted to use this sentiment stamp saying 'friends forever' which has been in my stash, well, forever!  I just had to figure out a way of creating the 'FF' behind it and I certainly don't have any alphabet stamps this large!  So I printed the 'FF' onto some fairly thin paper then drew around the letters on the reverse with a pencil.  Then I scribbled over the front to trace it onto a sheet of masking paper.  I tried to cut the letters out with a craft knife but the masking paper dragged a little so I used some tiny decoupage scissors to cut away the negative space.  The rest was pretty straightforward.  With the masking paper over my card front I ink blended through the letters with light pink ink then stamped the ditsy flowers and leaves, keeping the colours fairly pale.  All that was left to do was remove the mask and stamp the sentiment.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up - Stacks of Wishes (sentiment); Wplus9 - Happy Wishes (tiny images)
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Spun Sugar; Altenew - Sea Breeze, Soft Lilac, Minty Mint; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Other: Inkadinkado - Stamping Mask Paper


Please give this challenge a go, with a little forward planning it's not as difficult as you first think.



3 comments:

  1. Wow, Anita! That was a pretty ingenious way to make those "F"s, and a fabulous interpretation of "Monogram". This was a really hard one and I started on it way ahead of time. Once I figured out that I had a whole set of monogram stamping supplies (they are so old that I forgot I had them), I was in good shape. I just love that quote that you built your project around, and you have used it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of work gone into this Anita but so worth it. Your monogram looks fab and the sentiment stamp is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very clever Anita and a great way to incorporate a monogram - those stamped floral letters are the perfect background to this sentiment. What a great challenge - it really pushed me to think creatively for sure! Thanks so much for inviting me to guest with you this for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...