Saturday 12 June 2021

Less is More Challenge #445

Hi guys

I'm back after taking a break from the last challenge at Less is More.  I've not had a break since challenge #416 so felt like I needed a little time out!

But I'm back to it today with the new challenge which this time is a Colour challenge...



Now that the weather has finally turned around in the UK after May being an absolute washout, I decided to duplicate the lovely blue sky and sunshine onto my card for this one...


This was was pretty easy to put together.  On some white cardstock I stencilled the clouds using Distress Oxide ink and then used a circle die to cut out a section of my background.  I die cut the sun from some yellow cardstock and then used some hammered white cardstock for the cloud die cuts, to give them a fluffy appearance.  You can just about make out the hammered detail in the photo below.  I then arranged and adhered all the die cuts onto my card base, some popped up on 3D foam.  To finish I stamped the sentiment in black ink and added some shimmer to the sun.


Materials used:
  • Stencil: MFT - Mini Cloud Edges
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Shine Bright
  • Ink: Distress Oxide - Tumbled Glass; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Double Stitched Circle Stax; Xcut - Dinky Dies: Sun; Clearly Besotted - Cloudy Day Dies
  • Accents: Spectrum Noir - Shimmer Pen: Clear

Challenge entries:

My Time to Craft - Challenge #459 - Things in the Sky
Happy Little Stampers - June Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
STAMPlorations - June Theme & Photo Prompt Challenge - Stamps and 2 Colours
STAMPlorations - June CAS Challenge - Anything CAS goes
Uniko - Challenge #65 - Anything Goes (optional twist: use die cuts)





As usual, the challenge link will remain open for two weeks.  And if you need some inspiration please do pop over to the main challenge post to check out the great projects the Design Team are sharing using these colours.

I've been a bit quiet on here lately but have been making a few cards for orders so I'll be sharing those in the comings days.  Thanks so much for popping by, I really appreciate you taking the time to take a look.


9 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. Your ink blended clouds are so delicately done. Thanks for playing along with Uniko. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfectly wonderful creation for our challenge! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this a lot! Less is definitely more. I'm really drawn to that sentiment font so I'll be checking that out for sure. Thanks so much for playing along with the HLS die challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Thanks for joining on June Stamps and 2 colours theme and photo prompt challenge over at STAMPlorations x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Anita. So beautifully CAS. Thanks for joining in with the June Theme and Photo Challenge at STAMPlorations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Anita and a fabulous use of the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely CAS card! You definitely know how to prove that "less is more." Sure wish I could do that!! LOL Thank you for playing with us at HLS Die Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie - DT
    https://secretstamper.com
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, Neets, what delicate colouring on your sky! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely lovely, Anita! Once again, you've captured my CAS-loving heart with this pretty little sky scene! A real gem! Thrilled to see you in the HLS and STAMPlorations galleries!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...