Sunday 13 June 2021

Bears and Balloons

Hi there

Today I'm sharing a card I was commissioned to make for a friend for her daughter's wedding.  The special day was yesterday so I'm safe to share it online now!

The request was for it to be A5 (UK sizing) as it was a special card so this is twice the size of the normal A6 size I usually make.  As a CAS cardmaker I do struggle to fill an A5 space but I think I made it work here.

She asked for something cute and with balloons and the wedding colours were subtle pink and purple so this is what I came up with...


I've had this cute stamp in my stash for about ten years!  I've only used it once before but it's perfect for a cute wedding card.  I stamped the bears first, coloured them with Copics then masked them off before stencilling the layered balloons behind using Distress Inks.  Once dry I then stamped the heart clusters and heat embossed in silver.  I printed the sentiment onto white paper (my printer struggles to take cardstock), so to solve this I then adhered it to some white cardstock before die cutting with a curvy rectangle die.  A wrapped some lilac ribbon across the panel, securing on the reverse before topping with the sentiment die cut.  The whole panel was then adhered to the card base on fun foam and to finish I added some shimmer to the champagne glasses using a sparkle pen, you can just about see it in the photo below.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Stampavie - Bubbly Bears; Uniko - Balloon Bash
  • Stencil: MFT - Big Balloons
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink - Kitsch Flamingo, Spun Sugar, Dusty Concord, Shaded Lilac; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Silver
  • Die: Spellbinders - Reverse Wonky Rectangles
  • Coloured with Copics
  • Accents: Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen - Clear

Challenge entries:

STAMPlorations - June Stencil Challenge - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers - June Stencil Challenge - Anything Goes





Thanks for looking, enjoy the rest of your weekend whatever you're up to.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, wonderful card! I think your card is really ticking all the boxes, cute but stylisch! Hugs Ela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your transparent balloons and adorable bears, Nita. Your friend is going to LOVE your wedding card for her friends. The couple will treasure your card too. TFS and joining us at STAMPlorations Stencil. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful balloons!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    DT for Stencil Challenge
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...