Saturday 13 June 2020

Stencil Storage Update

Hi guys

A little update for you today about how I store my stencils.

I shared a detailed post in 2018 about my stencil storage which you can find, here.

To be honest, not much has changed.  My stash of stencils has grown considerably in the last two years so I have transferred them from a ring binder to a lever arch file.  Stencils are very inexpensive and there are so many great techniques you can do with them, so it's a great way to add to your stash if you're on a tight budget.

I use A4 photo sleeves with pockets which I purchase from Amazon.  The most common 6" x 6" stencils as well as the larger A5 stencils will fit into the photo sleeves with two pockets.  Since my last update I have also now purchased more photo sleeves which have four pockets which are ideal for the smaller ones and also for slim/tall stencils.

By placing some paper behind the stencils this also allows me to store them back to back.  I previously just used white copier paper but have recently bought some inexpensive coloured paper from eBay which makes the stencils a lot easier to see.  

The only other change is that I have typed up my labels.  I don't love my handwriting and typing these up didn't take long at all.  I just used MS Word and printed onto Avery L4732 label sheets.  There are 80 labels per sheet so, as you can imagine, I've had this pack of labels for years!  

And this is the cute file I keep them in.  I bought a few different folders from this range some years ago (Bramble Wood from WH Smith, a stationery/book store here in the UK) but I think they may now be discontinued.  But any ring binder or lever arch file will work fine for these pockets.



Thanks for visiting and I hope this will give you some ideas.  I thought this lockdown would mean lots of crafting for me but instead I've been sorting through everything, and I'm loving being this organised!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...