Saturday 7 August 2021

Less is More Challenge #449

Good morning

This time over at Less is More it's the turn of a Colour challenge.  I'll get straight to the cue card...




We have a fabulous Guest Designer joining us for this one.  It's Sid who was our winner for the month of May.  Please do pop over to take a look at his project for this challenge and to say hi.

For my sample card I used some products which are brand new to my stash and only arrived in the mail earlier this week.  Yes, that's how last minute my Design Team makes are these days!  

I discovered Simply Graphic, a fabulous French company, thanks to my former LIM teamie, Chrissie, sharing some of her beautiful makes using their dies.  I just couldn't resist placing an order.

Here's what I made...


All the dies you see here are from Simply Graphic, apart from the sentiment oval.  I began with a piece of watercolour paper and used a mix of Brushos and water to create a background of differet blue shades, and it was this that the two main flowers were cut from.  I die cut the tall leafy stem from white cardstock and the shorter foliage from pale blue vellum.  I gave my card base a light splattering using Distress Ink mixed with water and then arranged and adhered the cluster of die cuts.  I stamped the sentiment in dark blue onto an oval die cut and adhered this using glue dots.  The card was then finished with a few pool toned jewels.


Materials used:
  • Dies: Simply Graphic - a selection of flowers and foliage; Lil' Inker Designs - Stitched Ovals
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Simple Script
  • Ink: Brushos - Ultra Marine, Turquoise, Emerald Green; Distress Ink - Broken China; Altenew - Desert Night
  • Vellum from stash
  • Accents: Little Things from Lucy's Cards - Jewels: Shimmering Pool Mix

Challenge entries:

NBUS - Challenge #29 - I just had to share at Darnell's challenge, I don't think I've ever used new products so quickly before!




If you need more inspiration, don't forget that my teamies are sharing their projects over on the main LIM challenge post, and if you follow their links they may have more on their personal blogs too.

Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend :)



6 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful, Anita. Love the die cuts and that oval sentiment piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love unique SG dies (& stamps) - only have a few. Love the card you’ve made with your new SG supplies too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, a new place to shop... I'm not sure if I needed to know about that Anita! Naturally I had to go straight over and have a good old look :D Your card is so beautiful and peaceful looking with those gorgeous blues and intricate dies. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous CAS card Anita! love the pretty flower dies too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those flowers Anita - why whenever I use Brushos do they always look a hot mess, rather than a dreamy watercolour effect like yours?! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is sweet and elegant in pretty shades of blue, Anita! I love Simply Graphics which I heard about from my other Anita friend from France. Their dies are dainty and exquisite. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...