Thursday 3 September 2020

Skull and Cross Buns - September 2020 - Selection Three

Good morning

I'm back with more makes for Skull and Cross Buns.  Some Christmas ones for you this morning.


For this first card I've used the new Christmas Jumper stencil and a sentiment from the new Contemporary Sentiments set, along with the Elf Stockings stencil already available...


Lots of masking was involved to ink up this background.  I masked off alternate sections of the Christmas Jumper stencil so I could use the two colours, and the same principle was applied to the Elf Stockings stencil where I've just inked up one section of it for my focal image.  I finished by stamping and heat embossing the sentiment in gold sparkle and added two gold glitter enamel dots.


Materials used:
  • Stencils: Skull and Cross Buns - Christmas Jumper, Elf Stockings
  • Stamp: Skull and Cross Buns - Contemporary Sentiments
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Candied Apple, Lucky Clover; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Gold Sparkle
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Pierced Square Stax
  • Enamel dots from stash


For this next card I combined two of the existing stamp sets, Christmas Baubles and Scandi Christmas...


I began by stamping and heat embossing the baubles in white on red cardstock and fussy cut them out.  I die cut a frame using two stitched rectangle dies and popped this frame up on 3D foam, adhering to the card base whilst trapping some red twine at the top.  The baubles were then popped up on foam as if hanging from their strings.  I finished by stamping the snowflakes in silver and the sentiment in red, and added some sequins to the baubles.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Skull and Cross Buns - Christmas Baubles, Scandi Christmas
  • Ink: VersaMark; Versa Color - Silver; Altenew - Crimson
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Accents: Red twine and sequins from stash

Finally, I've used the Christmas Santa Workshop set, along with the Stars and Sparkles stencil and the new Contemporary Sentiments set to create a gift tag...


The elf was stamped and coloured first then I created a mask to enable me to then ink blend the background and ink the stars through the stencil.  The sentiment was then stamped and the reinforcement ring and ribbon added to the tag.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Skull and Cross Buns - Christmas Santa Workshop, Contemporary Sentiments
  • Stencil: Skull and Cross Buns - Stars and Sparkles
  • Coloured with Copics
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink - Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted - Tag Along


I'll be back with my final few makes, more than likely this evening.  All these products by Skull and Cross Buns will be showcased on Hochanda TV at 7am this Saturday, 5 September 2020.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...