Saturday 26 September 2020

Book Worm Bookmark

Hi there

You may be glad to know (!!) this is the last of my recent bookmark makes, but I had such fun making them I think some more may be created very soon! 

This little guy has been in my stamp stash for years and I've only ever used the set once before so I think he deserved an inking!  And for this one I used the tall tag die with the fishtail which came in the duo set with the other die I've been using.


I began by stamping and colouring the book on a die cut panel of white cardstock.  This was then masked and I ink blended the background in a neutral shade and then blended through a woodgrain stencil with a shade of brown.  I then stamped, coloured and die cut the book worm and adhered him onto the book.  I stamped the sentiment and then die cut a second panel from green polka dot paper and adhered this on the reverse for a cleaner finish.  I then added some gloss to his glasses.


I finished by adding some brown grosgrain ribbon through the slot and tied this with some co-ordinating green twine.  Here is the reverse view...


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Bookworm and Bookworm Additions
  • Stencil: Funky Fossil - Woodgrain Background
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Antique Linen, Rusty Hinge; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Tall Tag Duo; Clearly Besotted - Bookworm
  • Coloured with Copics
  • Accents: Glossy Accents; Ribbon - American Crafts; Twine - Hemptique


That's all from me today.  Phew!  That was a lot of posts today, thanks so much if you're still with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...