Saturday 26 September 2020

Rainbow Clouds Bookmark


Yes, you've guessed it, I have another bookmark for you! lol

I went a bit crazy last weekend and couldn't stop making them :)

This one is so fun and perfect for all the rainbow themes that are so popular and relevant at the moment.

This one kind of just evolved as I was making it, I didn't have the whole design in my mind when I started it so just went with the flow.



On a piece of thin cardstock I added some adhesive and then cut and adhered strips of cardstock in rainbow order, before die cutting with the faux stitched tag die.  I also then die cut a piece of white cardstock and adhered this back to back to create a better finish on the reverse.  I wanted to add a cloud to the top, to appear from both the upper and reverse views but the cloud dies I had weren't symmetrical, so when adhered together they didn't line up.  That's where the foam came in.  I found that when die cutting foam it didn't matter which side of the die cut was uppermost, unlike the finish you get with die cut cardstock.  So I sandwiched the top of the bookmark between the two larger clouds and adhered these in place.  To finish, I adhered another single smaller cloud, adding a slim piece of double sided foam tape to secure the overhanging part.  I think this could look cute poking out of the top of a book!


Materials used:
  • Cardstock: Papermania - Textured Cardstock
  • Dies: MFT Die-namics - Tall Tag Duo, Cloud Trio; Clearly Besotted - Cloudy Days Die Collection
  • Fun Foam

Still a couple more to share, will post those very soon.

1 comment:

  1. Rainbow spectacular! My stars, but you are creative! I imagine you already have some Christmas ideas lined up *grin*! Excited to see this bookmark series continue! Consider me besotted!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...