Wednesday 2 January 2013

Recent Makes

Hiya

I thought I would start by sharing a couple of cards I made at the end of 2012.  I treated myself to a Sizzix Big Shot so these were my first creations.

The first was this card I made for my Mum's birthday in October.  I'm not too happy with the layout as I didn't really plan this one well but I'm pleased with the stamped and die cut image.

 
And a close up...
 
 
 
I started by matting and layering some embossed dotted white cardstock onto some pink Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock to create the background base.  I then tied some lilac grosgrain ribbon around this.  I then stamped the vase and flower from the Penny Black Salutations stamp set using Versa Color ink cubes in Orchid, Fresh Green and Baby Blue on Kanban 300gsm Brilliant White Cardstock.  I then stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black from the Marion Emberson Designs 'On your special day' stamp set.  I then used my Big Shot machine to die cut and emboss the stamped image using Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large, then mounted this onto the matching pink Papermania textured card using Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Ovals Large.  This was then offset and secured with 3D foam.  I then added three lilac gems from my stash and trimmed the top corner of the base card with my decorative scissors. 
 
Materials used:
  • Cardstock: White embossed dots from stash; Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock; Kanban 300gsm Brilliant White Cardstock
  • Stamps: Penny Black 'Salutations' set; Marion Emberson 'On your special day' set
  • Ink: Versa Color in Orchid, Fresh Green and Baby Blue; Versafine in Onyx Black
  • Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Ovals Large and Classic Scalloped Ovals Large
  • Lilac grosgrain ribbon and gems from stash
 
 
The following card I made in a hurry so chose a layout very similar to the first one.  This was for a man's birthday and I'm still very limited with craft items to use for masculine cards but I was fairly happy with the result.
 
 
I used a pearlescent card base for this one and rounded all four corners with my decorative scissors.  I then used my Big Shot machine to diecut some blue Sherbert Pips cardstock using Spellbinders Labels One.  I then tied around some Doodlebug Gingham ribbon in Beetle Black/Blue Jean.  This was then fixed to the card as a background.  I then stamped the 'Hanging Presents' clear stamp by Hobbycraft onto some Kanban 300gsm Brilliant White Cardstock using Versa Color ink cubes in Royal Blue and Turquoise and the sentiment from Wild Rose Studio 'Everyday Greetings' stamp set in Versafine Onyx Black.  This image was then diecut using Spellbinders Classic Rectangles Large and mounted onto some royal blue Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock.  I then added three small square blue gems to finish.  I had to post this card abroad so didn't want to add too much dimension.
 
Materials used:
  • Cardstock: Blue 'Sherbert Pips' from my stash; Kanban 300gsm Brilliant White Cardstock; Papermania Premium Textured Cardstock
  • Stamps: Hobbycraft 'Hanging Presents' from the £1 range; Wild Rose Studio 'Everyday Greetings
  • Ink: Versa Color in Royal Blue and Turquoise; Versafine in Onyx Black
  • Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Rectangles Large
  • Ribbon: Doodlebug Gingham in Beetle Black/Blue Jean
  • Gems from stash
 
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog.
 
Neet x
 

1 comment:

  1. I think both of these cards are lovely! I particularly like the blue one as it could be appropriate for a man's card too :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...