Wednesday 2 January 2013

First Attempt with Promarkers!

Hiya

I thought I would share this Christmas card with you as it was my first attempt at colouring with Promarkers, I quite clearly need a lot more practice but I was very pleased with the overall card so don't mind sharing! :)

Apologies for the quality of the photos, the lighting wasn't great...

 
And a close up...
 
 
 
I started with a plain white base card and rounded two of the corners with my decorative scissors.  I then fixed a paper strip to one side of the base card using the red and white snowflake paper from the Boofle Christmas A4 Paper Pack.  I then used my Sizzix Big Shot and embossed a strip of white cardstock using a snowflake embossing folder I received free with a craft magazine, which I then fixed over the red and white paper.  I next stamped the image, 'Pickle with Gift' by Wild Rose Studio, using an Impress ink pad in Jet Black onto Kanban 300gsm Brilliant White Cardstock.  I've read that the best ink pads to use with Promarkers are either Impress or Memento as the ink won't bleed.  I then had my first experience of colouring with Promarkers, its not as easy as it looks!  Halfway through I also realised that my limited stock of Promarkers didn't contain a black or a grey so I had to colour poor Pickle in pale blue!  I then die cut the image using the largest of the Xcut Nesting Circle Dies.  I used 3D foam to fix this to the right hand side of the card.  I added a silver foiled sentiment from Craftwork Cards Festive Messages and balanced the card with a bow tied using stitched blue grosgrain ribbon from my stash.  I then finished off by adding touches of Stickles Glitter Glue in Star Dust to the image and the embossed snowflakes.
 
Materials used:
  • Cardstock and Paper: Kanban 300gsm Brilliant White Cardstock; Boofle Christmas A4 Paper Pack
  • Stamp: Wild Rose Studio 'Pickle with Gift'
  • Die: Xcut Nesting Dies Circle (5pcs)
  • Sentiment: Craftwork Cards Festive Messages
  • Promarkers: Poppy, Denim Blue, Powder Blue, Leaf Green, Tulip Yellow
  • Glitter Glue: Stickles 'Star Dust'
  • Ribbon and Embossing Folder from stash
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, its very much appreciated.
 
Neet x


1 comment:

  1. This is so very cute! And your first attempt with pro markers is waay better than mine was. Pickles looks lovely in blue :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...