Saturday 19 January 2013

Oldies...When Peel-Offs Ruled!

Hi guys

Today I thought I would share with you some of my cards from back in the day, when I first started creating.  I used to work in a large office and colleagues would buy cards from me so I always kept a stock of cards with me.  I now wish I'd taken photos of them all because I can now only share the ones that nobody wanted! :)

I was a bit scared of stamping back then so used to use many peel-offs.  I still have hundreds which have now been pretty much abandoned since I've discovered how beautiful cards can be when using stamps.  That said, these cards are quite handy to look back on as I really like some of the layouts.

So here we go:
No. 1
I actually love this little card.
 

 
I used a slim pearlescent card base and glittered transparent peel-offs which I adhered to clear vellum and coloured from behind and matted on mirri card
 
 
No. 2
Same peel-offs as No. 1 matted onto a mottled base card, with yes you've guessed it, more peel-offs behind the mats to add interest.  I secretly quite like this one too!
 
 
 
 
No. 3
A bit of ripping and tearing, metallic peel-offs coloured with permanent pens and a few quilled toppers
 
 
No. 4
I trimmed the edge of this card and overlapped the topper over the outside edge.  The image is a glossy embossed rub-on
 
 
No. 5
This is a textured silver card base with a debossed panel.  I added a topper, gem, bow and of course a peel-off!
 
 
No. 6
Simple slim card with die cut shapes and peel-offs
 
 
No. 7
A peel-off matted and layered over mulberry paper
 
 
No. 8
Another glossy embossed rub-on as in No. 4, layered over adhesive ribbons
 
 
No. 9
 Embossing using brass stencils over a light box then basic matting and layering, and vellum secured with brads 
 
 
No. 10
This is a tiny little notecard and on this occasion not a peel-off in sight!  I stamped with black ink and embossed with clear embossing powder before colouring with glaze pens
 
 
No. 11
Coloured metallic peel-off and again, the edge of the card was trimmed to show the back inside edge
 
 
No. 12
An attempt at creating a masculine card.  The ribbon on the tag was tied through an eyelet
 
 
No. 13
I was shown how to fold this little shirt by a demonstrator at a local craft exhibition.  I have my 'master' copy in a safe place so I can always refer back to it.  I used brads to create the shirt buttons.  And yes, more peel-offs!
 
 
 
Well there you have it, I hope you didn't find these too cringeworthy! 
 
I still can't part with my many peel-off sheets, perhaps they'll make another appearance on my blog, watch this space!
 
Thanks as always for visiting.
 
Neet x 

9 comments:

  1. hmmm i have an innate fear of peel offs....

    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty scary, I think eBay may be getting some new listings very soon!

      Delete
    2. I donated a load to a group of charity crafters about 12 months ago and they were so grateful.... That's the thing with stash... it grows and grows before you eyes and you fall out of love with stuff esp as you learn new techniques

      if you even need anything give me a shout!!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Jen. My main focus at the moment is to build up my stock of inks and pro-markers, my colour palette is a bit limited at the mo so hopefully if I get a few each month I should have a good selection in no time :)

      Delete
    4. that's a great idea... the flexmarker sets are half price at the moment on letrasets website which is extremely good value if you can afford to get them works out at less than £1 per marker!!! I prfer the flex over the promarkers for most things and they have a lot more colours now!

      http://www.letraset.com/products/2142-Special-Offer/

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment on my 'blue' card ! This post made me smile, because that's exactly how I started out ! And I made a card almost identical to your shirt-folded one too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think these are all lovely and the layouts are good to see. I love the mulberry one. It is obvious you are not e newbie to crafting. I've only been interested in paper craft for the past eight months and am so far behind your talent but I'm having a great time learning :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first started it was mainly all about peel-offs, decoupage, toppers, eyelets, brads and patterned papers, etc. Stamping was of course very popular but I used to find it all very daunting. Die-cutting is massive now and I only treated myself to a Sissix Big Shot a few months ago so am still getting used to creating with die cuts. My bank balance keeps getting a bit of shock too :D x

      Delete
  4. These are lovely ... the first one and the last one are my faves. I love peel offs too and have 3 fat folders which are bursting at their seams with them. My little five year old loves them and I stingily share some with her. There is a quick charm about stickers and the speediness of it all which make them so charming.
    You have a very lovely blog. May it grow and grow,
    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...