So, being a complete newbie to the blogging world I've been hopping around to see what its all about and came across the Less is More Challenge Blog. So I thought why not give it a go. The current challenge is to create a One Layer Card using the theme Sport or Exercise.
I'm still quite limited with my stock of stamps (I always seem to get drawn to the pretty girlie ones!) but managed to find this little guy and I'm quite pleased with the result :)
I started by scoring some lines on the top and bottom of the card just to add a some interest. I then stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black. I wanted to create some interest behind the image so I drew the lines of the goal net using a Whispers Embossers pen then gently dabbed on some grey chalk with a cotton wool pad. I coloured the image using a waterbrush and some Marvy Le Plume and Whispers Strokes pens. I finished by stamping the 'Man of the Match' image and adding a few gems to tie it all together.
I don't think I've ever created a one layer card so all in all I'm pretty chuffed with it. Lets hope I've followed the brief correctly!
- Stamps: Footballer - unknown brand; Man of the Match - Papermania Its a Man's World, For Love of Sport
- Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
- Colouring: Marvy Le Plume II and Whispers Strokes pens - used with water brush
- Whispers Embossers pen
- Chalk: Decorating Chalks by Craf-T Products
- Gems: Papermania Mosaics - Sapphire & Topaz set
Thanks for taking the time to visit.