Sunday 13 January 2013

Less is More Challenge - OLC Sport or Exercise

Hiya

So, being a complete newbie to the blogging world I've been hopping around to see what its all about and came across the Less is More Challenge Blog.  So I thought why not give it a go.  The current challenge is to create a One Layer Card using the theme Sport or Exercise.

I'm still quite limited with my stock of stamps (I always seem to get drawn to the pretty girlie ones!) but managed to find this little guy and I'm quite pleased with the result :)



 
I started by scoring some lines on the top and bottom of the card just to add a some interest.  I then stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black.  I wanted to create some interest behind the image so I drew the lines of the goal net using a Whispers Embossers pen then gently dabbed on some grey chalk with a cotton wool pad.  I coloured the image using a waterbrush and some Marvy Le Plume and Whispers Strokes pens.  I finished by stamping the 'Man of the Match' image and adding a few gems to tie it all together.

I don't think I've ever created a one layer card so all in all I'm pretty chuffed with it.  Lets hope I've followed the brief correctly!

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Footballer - unknown brand; Man of the Match - Papermania Its a Man's World, For Love of Sport
  • Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
  • Colouring: Marvy Le Plume II and Whispers Strokes pens - used with water brush
  • Whispers Embossers pen
  • Chalk: Decorating Chalks by Craf-T Products
  • Gems: Papermania Mosaics - Sapphire & Topaz set

Thanks for taking the time to visit.

Neet x



11 comments:

  1. Hi Neet,
    Welcome to "Less is More"!
    This is terrific, the net really adds to the picture and the subject is perfect for our challenge.
    I hope you'll make LIM a regular part of your crafting week!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you kind words Chrissie. I hope to join in as often as possible but my craft stash does limit what I can create at the moment but, hey, just an excuse to purchase more goodies :)

      Delete
  2. Great card & congrats on your first one layer card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian and so grateful to have my first follower, yay! :) I'll try to get creating on a regular basis to keep you interested x

      Delete
  3. Super card - love that you drew in the net too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathyk, I thought it needed a little something extra as the little guy looked a bit lost, took me a while to think of the best way to create it but got there in the end x

      Delete
  4. Welcome to LIM! Great card - sentiment is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anita,
    Congratulations for your first entry at LIM!
    I think it's great how you worked without a lot of material!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anita, I saw your card over at LIM, great design, it's my first time there as well.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad to see you neets!! i love your little card! really hope you can join in weekly

    Thanks for joining us
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is so cool! Less really IS more! You're very good at colouring in :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...