Sunday 27 January 2013

Have a Beautiful Day!

Hi guys

I was having a lazy Sunday afternoon so decided to have another little play with the gorgeous Clearly Besotted Stamps and also the Butterfly Wishes dies I bought to co-ordinate with the stamps.

This is my first attempt with co-ordinating stamps and dies so I want to send massive thanks to Michelle at the Card Grotto for her brilliant video explaining how best to align them, and so what I thought was going to be a difficult task was actually easy peasy!  So thanks Michelle, you're a star!  You can find the video here.

I am entering this card into the latest challenge at Less is More, to produce a card based on this sketch:

 



And here is my card...
 
 
I started by masking off a panel and then used a tinted embossing stamp pad to stamp the butterflies and leaves and then heat embossed using a sparkly embossing powder.  I wanted the background panel to be subtle but as usual, my photography isn't great, so hopefully the next photo shows the embossed panel a little better...


 
I then stamped three more butterflies with coloured ink and heat embossed with the same powder, die cut these with the matching die and popped them up on 3D foam.  I finished off by stamping the sentiment in the bottom corner. 
 
Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Butterfly Wishes and Leafy Accents sets; Sentiment: Personal Impressions - Mix & Match set
  • Ink: Tsukineko - Embossing Stamp Pad Tinted; Versacolor - Lavender and Lilac; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Embossing Powder: All Night Media - Crystal Sparkle
 
Thanks for visiting today, I hope you've had a lovely weekend.
 
Neet x
 

11 comments:

  1. Your card makes me very happy too Neet, love the pastel colours, very Springlike. I think that's what I wanted to convey on my card too, especially as the weather is so crap outside right now, lol!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww so beautiful Neets! And such a lovely colour combo! :) If you like co-ordinating stamps and dies/punches, check out the Stampin' Up! Papillon Pot Pourri butteflies on my blog...they are fab stamp/punch combo! :)
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embossing looks awesome and the butterflies really pop...beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sweet card. Love the soft pastel colours and the little popped up butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  5. neets this is fab... love the butterflies

    Thanks for Joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning card Anita - love the embossing! That tutorial by Michelle is amazing isn't it? I worship that girl :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Neet, gorgeous card, I love the pastel shades and lots of texture;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty Neet!
    Just love it, those butterflies are gorgeous!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the soft side of this card. The fact that you have glued the butterflies with 3D pads gives a lovely depth. I love it!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully subtle butterflies Anita. Butterflies are always so perfect on cards :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...