Sunday 20 January 2013

CASology Week #27 & CAS-ual Fridays CFC86

Hi guys

Well here I am with my next attempt at blog challenges. 

I'm entering the following card into the following two challenges:

 
This challenge is to make a card using a Blue theme
 
 
This challenge is to make a CAS card with one long and one short side.
 
 
 
 
  
 
I've always enjoyed using tall cards but on this occasion I decided to use it with a landscape orientation rather than portrait. 

I started by ripping a plain piece of paper and laying this over the white card base.  I then used cotton wool to swirl on some chalk to create the blue background.  Next I stamped the large flower and heat embossed with clear embossing power.  I then made a mask over this image and stamped the leaves so that they appeared to be behind the flower.  This was also then heat embossed.  I then created the sentiment, butterfly and small flower in the same way.  I then finished with a few glazed gems.

I've not used this chalking technique or heat embosssing for a while so thought I'd give it another go and I'm quite happy with the finished result.  Apologies again for the dark photos, although its daylight I still needed the light on!

Materials used:
  • Chalk: Decorating Chalks by Craf-T Products
  • Stamps: Hero Arts - Share Laughter stamp set
  • Ink: Versacolor - Sky Blue, Baby Blue, Royal Blue, Turquoise
  • Embossing Powder: Rubber Stampede - Clear
  • Gems: Papermania - Glazed Gems (Iridescent)

Thanks for visiting me today.


Neet x



9 comments:

  1. Lovely card, like how you have split the card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the depth of the chalk - very pretty! and I LOVE the pop of turquoise! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love your shades of blue and the flowers and leaves are fab. Em x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background you created is beautiful! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Anita, love the sparkle. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card? Absolutely love your take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! How did you manage to not re-heat, and therefore damage, the flower's embossing whilst doing the leaves so close? :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By being very careful! :D I just didn't hold it too close and kept it moving x

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...