I've got a bright and cheerful card to share with you tonight. I made this for my friend's son who is celebrating his 5th birthday. I struggle with children's cards, especially for boys, so I'm glad I bought this little kite stamp to add to my collection.
I am entering this card into the following challenge:
And here's my interpretation of the sketch
I cut a strip of blue card and embossed the numbers using a brass stencil and a light box. I then cut the yellow card into a triangle and stamped the sentiment. I stamped the kite image using Impress ink in Jet Black and coloured with ProMarkers. I used an oval die to cut around the image and popped this up on 3D foam.
I decided to use three different primary colours and three different shapes.
- Stamps: Kite - Hobbycraft (from the £1 range of stamps); Sentiment - Papermania 'Stamping for Him'
- ProMarkers: Poppy, Tulip Yellow, Azure
- Ink: Impress - Jet Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
- Cardstock: Kanban 300gsm Brilliant White Cardstock; Bazzill Basics Premium Cardstock (blue and yellow)
- Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Ovals Large
- Brass Stencil - Papermania
Thank you for visiting today, I appreciate you taking the time.