Monday 26 December 2022

Skinny Rainbow Trees

Hi there

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas Day yesterday, celebrating with your nearest and dearest.

I have no plans today so I'm just having a very chilled day at home so thought I'd pop on and start sharing my 2022 Christmas cards.  There was a point at the end of November when I really thought I wasn't going to be able to send handmade cards this year as I'd left it so late, but I knuckled down and made a few bundles of "quick to replicate" designs and was able to send all handmade again this year.

However, due to being so late and also the increasing price of postage, along with the Royal Mail strikes in the UK, I wasn't able to send any cards overseas this year.  So apologies to those of you outside the UK who usually receive a card from me, it just wasn't an option this year, unfortunately :(

Ok, onto my first design.  I made 24 of these in total and got a real production line going.  These took me about an hour and a half...


All four trees are on the same stencil but I inked up each two-toned tree separately, adding masking tape over the tree(s) beside it.  So I inked all the yellow/orange trees onto all the card bases first, before cleaning off, realigning and then inking up the red/pink trees, and so on.  Once all the trees were inked up I then stamped all the sentiments, using my MISTI for positioning and speed.


Something was missing....sparkle!  So I grabbed some glitter glue and added this to all the stars at the top of the trees.  

And there you have it, simple but certainly a merry and bright design in multiple!



Materials used:
  • Stencil: Funky Fossil Designs - Skinny Trees
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Christmas Poinsettia (sentiment)
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin, Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Chipped Sapphire, Peacock Feathers, Mowed Lawn; Versafine Clair - Nocturne

Thanks for taking a look.  I'll be back again before the end of the year to share more of my festive makes.

And I apologise for being so quiet in general this year, I hope to get back into more crafting again in 2023.

I'd love for you to pop back again before the year is out x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...