Saturday 3 April 2021

Less is More - Challenge #440

Good morning

Happy Easter weekend :)  There's a fresh new Colour challenge just starting over at Less is More today so I'll get straight to it, here's the cue card...



Pink and grey is a colour combination we see very often, but I don't think I've ever combined it with gold.  For my Design Team card I decided to use gold embossing to outline my images...



This was the first outing of this cute little stamp set by Clearly Besotted.  I stamped the bunny and Easter egg, and then the smaller egg separately, with grey ink.  I then left the stamps in my MISTI so I could re-stamp later.  I coloured the images with copies and then returned the cardstock to my MISTI and restamped in VersaMark ink before heat embossing in gold.  I used anti-static powder beforehand to avoid any stray embossing powder clinging where I didn't want it.  I took two pierced square dies and cut my images out with one and embossed my card front with the slightly larger one.  I then stamped the sentiment on the card base, fussy cut the smaller egg and adhered the square on fun foam topped with the second egg.
 

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Spring Plushies
  • Ink: Memento - London Fog; VersaMark
  • Coloured with Copics: RV02, RV10, C0, C2, C3
  • Embossing Powder: Wow - Metallic Gold Rich
  • Dies: MFT-Dienamics - Pierced Square Stax

Challenge entries:

My Time to Craft - Challenge #454 - Easter
Make My Monday - Challenge #145 - Easter or Spring
NBUS - Challenge #25 (first use of this stamp set)
STAMPlorations - April CAS Challenge - Anything Goes
Uniko - Challenge #64 - Signs of Spring (Option: Easter)






Thanks so much for visiting today and I hope you enjoy your Easter weekend whatever you are doing.  I hope that many of you are able to catch up with friends and family as best you can, certainly in the UK the restrictions are beginning to be lifted and we are able to meet small numbers outdoors.  

Stay safe and I'll be back very soon with more to share.



9 comments:

  1. Such an adorable Easter card, Anita. The gold embossing looks great and your bun and eggs are the cutest! The stitched dies go perfectly with the stitching on your images. Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you stamped in gold! Looks lovely, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card. Love the fun image and embossing. Thanks for sharing over at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a simple design but what an impact. I love your bunny, he looks very cute embossed in gold and the pierced dies finish it off beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable, Neets! Perfect CASlicious composition and coloring! The gold threw me off when I saw the brief, but you came up with the perfect solution with the gold embossing. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stamping the bunny in gold is a great idea ! Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely CAS card, Anita, the bunny image is adorable! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anita, your little gold embossed rabbit with the eggs looks so pretty!
    Love the CAS-style of your card!
    Thank you for sharing your creatvity in the Uniko Spring Challenge #64!
    Greetings from Wiebke (Uniko Brand Ambassador)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...