Friday 2 April 2021

Happy Little Stampers April 2021 CAS Challenge

Hi there

At Happy Little Stampers it's time for the April CAS Challenge.  Here's the cue card...




I thought I was going to struggle with this brief as I don't have much in my stash which would fit, but I Googled 'things with flames' and there's actually more to choose from than you first think.  I chose a rocket for my card...


On a die cut panel I masked off below the top third and stamped the foreground and the rocket.  I then made masks for these.  I ink blended very lightly with a neutral tone where I wanted the planet and then die cut a small circle mask and placed this over the inking.  I then ink blended the background sky using pink, purple and blue.  The masks were removed and I coloured the images with Copics.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in white and die cut this with a fishtail flag die.  To finish, I added some stars using a white pigment pen and then adhered the panel to my card base.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Out of this World
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink - Pumice Stone; Distress Oxide - Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch; VersaMark
  • Coloured with Copics
  • Embossing Powder: Brutus Monroe - Alabaster White
  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectanges; MFT Die-namics - Fishtail Flag Stax
  • Accents: White pen - Sakura Gelly Roll 10

This challenge will run until the end of the month.

Thanks so much for taking a look, I'll be back tomorrow morning with details of the next challenge at Less is More.



1 comment:

  1. A great card - love the colours. I must mask more often if you get results like this xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...