Sunday 31 January 2021

Uniko - Super Sunday Guest Designer Spot


Good morning, everyone

Today I'm super excited as I'm being featured in Uniko's Super Sunday Guest Designer Spot.  I was so honoured when I received the invitation from the lovely Bev and I've had great fun creating with lots of my Uniko stamps.


This post is a bit photo heavy as I got a bit carried away and created quite a few cards, once I started I couldn't stop!  I've centred all these cards around Uniko's current themes of love, kindness and friendship, I hope you like them.


Card #1

For this first sweet card I combined stamps from Uniko's Background Builders Classics and Simply Said sets...



I die cut a heart window first in my upper panel and then marked the area on the card base that would show through the aperture, masked it off then stamped the various border designs in varying shades of pink.  The sentiment was heat embossed in white to show through the raised panel.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Background Builders Classics, Simply Said
  • Dies: Xcut - Heart Nesting Dies; Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Ink: Altenew - Frosty Pink, Coral Berry, Ruby Red, Grapevine; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Brutus Monroe - Alabaster White


Cards #2 and #3

For these two love themed cards I used the Scattered Polka Hearts background stamp and sentiments from the You Are…Sentiments Outlined set...


For this first one I heat embossed the background hearts in white and used emboss resist to blend over the top with Distress Oxides in a diagonal gradient.  I then used a vellum wrap with the sentiment heat embossed in white.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Scattered Polka Hearts, You Are...Sentiments Outlined
  • Ink: Distress Oxide - Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Festive Berries; VersaMark
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Embossing Powder: Brutus Monroe - Alabaster White
  • Vellum from stash

And an alternative using the same stamp sets...


This one is a similar design but in reverse.  I used my MISTI to stamp the polka hearts multiple times, creating a gradient of pale to deep pink.  Here I heat embossed the sentiment on a die cut heart from black cardstock and popped it up on 3D foam.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Scattered Polka Hearts, You Are...Sentiments Outlined
  • Dies: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles; Xcut - Heart Nesting Dies
  • Ink: Altenew - Frosty Pink, Coral Berry, Ruby Red; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Brutus Monroe - Alabaster White


Card #4

My next make used the gorgeous Bee Happy stamp set...


I adhered some honeycomb/hexagon patterned paper to the lower half of my card base and then die cut an angled stitched edge from my upper panel.  This was then stamped in black, grey and honey shades using various stamps all from the same set, with a little Copic colouring on the bee.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Bee Happy
  • Ink: Altenew - Sunkissed; Hero Arts - Soft Granite; Memento - Tuxedo Black
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Basic Edges
  • Patterned Paper - Doodlebug - Kraft in Color (kraft)


Card #5

This selection of Uniko creations wouldn’t be complete without using one of the Flower Power sets, and here I’ve combined blooms from Flower Power #2 with leaves from Natures Treasures II and the sentiment from Hello Lovely...


I used really bright summer colours here, started with the leaves and then stamped and die cut the flowers, using their co-ordinating dies, before adhering them in a cluster on glue dots.  The stamped sentiment and some vertical score lines finished off this one layer card.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Flower Power #2 (and companion dies), Natures Treasures II, Hello Lovely
  • Ink: Altenew - Pinkalicious, Orange Cream, Maple Yellow, Parrot; Versafine - Onyx Black


Card #6

I chose stamps from Just Because, Beautiful and Hello Lovely for this friend card...


On a pale green panel I stamped the same image in different orientations both in green and also heat embossed in white.  The sentiment was heat embossed on a green strip and a further smaller strip adhered on 3D foam.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - Just Because, Beautiful, Hello Lovely
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Ink: Altenew - Frayed Leaf; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Brutus Monroe - Alabaster White


Card #7

It wasn’t until I was making these that I realised how much the flower stem from the You Are, Yes You set resembled the flower in my blog logo!  I combined it here with the Background Builders Pinstripe II stamp and the sentiment from Originally Organic Additions.  I also thought I'd work with my blog colours too...


I stamped the flower in a pale ink before colouring with Copics and then masking it to stamp the pinstripes.  With the stem stamp still in my MISTI, I then restamped it over the original image before heat embossing in white. 


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Uniko - You Are Yes You, Background Blocks Pinstripe II, Originally Organic Additions
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles
  • Ink: Memento - London Fog; Altenew - Mountain Mist; VersaMark; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Embossing Powder: Brutus Monroe - Alabaster White
  • Coloured with Copic markers



I'm linking up with the following challenges:

Card #1
NBUS - Challenge #22 - both stamp sets are new to my stash for this GD spot


Card #2
Alphabet Challenge - V is for Vellum

Card #7
Just Us Girls - Challenge #569 - Masking
Fusion - Flowers (using the inspiration photo)




Thanks so much for taking a look at my cards today and I hope they have given you some crafty inspiration.

And many thanks to Bev for thinking of me and for providing this Guest Designer spot.  I thoroughly enjoyed making all of these.


9 comments:

  1. What a fabulous array of cards Neets, they are all so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, you have been busy Anita. They are all absolutely fabulous, I cannot possibly pick a favourite. Love them all.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work. You've created a super selection of Uniko cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous collection of cards ... so inspiring (in fact inspiring enough to make my card this morning) ... love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful selection of cards,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge with your gorgeous Valentines card with vellum band

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty series of cards! Thanks for joining us for the “V” is for Vellum theme at the Alphabet Challenge!
    Rachelle : ) DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow each card is more beautiful than the one before it! What a lovely collection of card designs. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous selection of cards - and all so crisp and perfectly executed! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are on an incredible creative roll! Beautiful CAS designs! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...