Saturday 9 January 2021

Less is More Challenge #434

Hi there

After the challenge took a break throughout December, it's now time for the first Less is More challenge of 2021.  Our Theme challenge for the next fortnight is...



We have the super talented Heather joining us as Guest Designer for this challenge, who was our October challenge winner.  Please do pop over to her blog to take a look at her project for this challenge and to say hi.

Upon searching through my stash I realised I have very little to fit this theme, so perhaps I need to treat myself to some new goodies!  I had nothing crafty for Christmas so that makes it ok, right?

So, I decided to go with the accessories part of the theme, and something that is very appropriate for the freezing cold weather we are having in the UK at the moment:



As with most of my cards these days, I began with a stitched die cut rectangle.  I used the stamps from the set to build the focal image and then re-stamped on post-its before cutting out to use as masks.  I then blended through a stencil to create the knitted pattern to surround it.  Next I coloured the image with Copics before stamping the sentiment and adhering the panel onto the card base using fun foam.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Concord & 9th - Winter Wear
  • Stencil: Skull and Cross Buns - Knitting Pattern
  • Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink - Cracked Pistachio; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Coloured with Copic markers
  • Die: Create a Smile - Cool Cuts Double Stitched Rectangles

Challenge entries:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #396 - Make Your Mark
STAMPlorations - January CAS Challenge - Anything CAS goes
Just Us Girls - Trend Week #566 - Use a Stencil






It's great to have lots of challenges up and running again for the new year so I'm hoping you'll join me and the LIM Design Team for this one.



5 comments:

  1. First of all Very Happy New Year ! Hope you had a lovely Christmas even if it wasn't the one we are used too. Your card is just how we also feel here at the moment. It's very cold but at least it is beautiful weather, the perfect one to make a fire and stay at home as cosy as your knitted accessories seem to be ! Love your perfect stencilled background too. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM and have a fabulous WE ! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Neets and I hope it is a better one for you and all of us!
    What a lovely clean and contemporary design! Love the masked stenciling and your cute image is beautifully coloured.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love that image, Anita, and you have colored it beautifully as always. Love the purple and turquoise color scheme. Your card really does warm my heart. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Anita and beautiful colours. Sending some of our sunshine over to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty image and I love that stenciled background!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...